RC poster

Loss of braking after 2.4 GHz upgrade

I recently purchased the Stampede VXL, then a couple of weeks later upgraded to 2.4 GHz Tx/Rx using the Traxxas 2.4 GHz 4-Channel setup. Before the change, the brakes worked incredibly well (easily lockup and spin the truck 180 degrees on wet pavement). Since the upgrade, we can't get the brakes to even come close to locking up, not even on wet grass! I've performed a Tx/ESC reprogramming per the instructions, no difference. I've tried doing some adjusting with the throttle trim, still no difference. From full speed, it now takes the truck twice as long to stop (bad deal when a curb or other solid object is coming up). The trucks gearing is stock and we're running a 7.4 NiMh battery, no other mods to the truck. Has anyone run into this issue when upgrading using the Traxxas setup? Any recommendations? I'm less then satisfied with this upgrade , and since I traded in the original Tx/Rx to get this one (using the Traxxas Upgrade program offered thru a local hobby shop) I no longer have them to switch back.

Silly question: did you have the throttle trim centered when programming?

RC Qualifier
    Make sure your Throttle Neutral Adjustment is set to 50/50 and not 70/30.

RC poster
    I would try to reprogram it again. I also upgraded and lost brakes. i reprogramed the esc by holding the power tell the esc turns red, release, wait tell it blinks red once, hold throttle, blinks twice, hold reverse, blinks green, done.