RC Champion

What Moster Truck Bodies Fit the Slash ?

I am looking to have a Truck Body that leaves the tires outside of the body. I like the "Real Truck" look and I think it will help with the Debris getting in from the top.

If J Concepts wouldn't have bailed on us I would be all set..

So I am hoping you might know that other bodies will fit with minimal modification.

Thanks.
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

RC Champion
    the proline bodies for the revo, revo 3.3 fit. there has been few posted in here.
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Qualifier

Proline F350 will fit. This is an old T-Maxx body I resurrected for high-speed slash duty. Wheel base is correct. How much you have to radius the front wheel wheels depends on your tires and how high you want to jack the body up.
    Last edited by Jato40; 01-19-2010 at 08:38 AM.

RC Champion
    So Revo bodies and T-max bodies will fit.. I have heard some say the 2.5 might fit but the 3.3 revo is too long. Is this true?.

thanks for the info. I will check out Proline.

RC Enthusiast
    I was not too happy with Jconcepts either. The gladiator body would have been perfect for my wintertime setup. Now I am looking at e-maxx bodies. I also have a revo 3.3. I put it on and it worked, it's not too long at 19.5 inches vs the slash at 21.6 inches but I don't like all the engine and fuel tank cut outs. I tried my nephews e-maxx body today and I think it is what I will go with, not the Traxxas version though since the body mounts are already cut out and would be in the wrong place. I'm looking at the Pro-line 2007 Chevy Silverado part number 3230-00. It is 20" long. They have another version of the same truck, part 3229-00, but it's only 18.5" long.

RC Champion
    I love my Gladiator bodies. I have two and think amain hobbies still have some left. I also use the long wheelbase mt bodies and they fit perfect. I once used the body from my erbe and it works perfect.
    HARDCORR RACING

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by round
    I love my Gladiator bodies. I have two and think amain hobbies still have some left. I also use the long wheelbase mt bodies and they fit perfect. I once used the body from my erbe and it works perfect.
    I checked A Main and they are out of stock... I am going to get a T-Maxx body of some sort. I bought a Slash 4x4, but I guess what I really wanted was a 4x4 monster truck with a simple design and 1 battery. I'll make er into a 1/10 4x4 Slashster Truck yet.

Maybe Monster Slash,,, nah, Slashster truck sounds better..

RC poster

Here is my MT

Here is a link to the thread about mine, there is also a link there to the body. And from what I found, most of the 3.3 bodies fit nicely.

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=504821

RC Competitor
    I just got a Parma Nissan Titan 1\10th body and it fits nice it's 20 inches long 13 inch wheelbase.
    Slash 4x4 RTR, CD, sway bars.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pungohboy
    I just got a Parma Nissan Titan 1\10th body and it fits nice it's 20 inches long 13 inch wheelbase.
    I have been eyeing up that body for a long time. Can u please post a pic with it painted and mounted?
    Thanks,
    Alvin
    HARDCORR RACING

RC Champion
    I am looking at the Ford F650 body.. It is 19.9 inches long.. I am concerned about the wheel base... I think it is 13.8. That might be too long. The same body for a smaller truck (t-maxx 2.5) has a wheel base of 12".. that seems too short. I'm stuck

Also.. I want a body that the sides come down and cover the side of my Slash chassis. I am trying to cover up and keep dirt out not let more in...

Boy,, has J Concepts mad me cranky >>> I want an F150 body...

Has anyone every looked at this one..? (The engine cut out is a bummer though)

http://mediacdn.shopatron.com/media/...jpg?1107351413

RC Qualifier
    JATO40
    That is cool lookin' with those anacondas on there. I'm gonna have to try that and see how it likes it. Speed passes with the badlands is a little scary!! I already have the tires sittin' here on my vxl rusty....
    Also, I'm lookin into a "M/T" body for my next paint job for the 'ole 4X4.
    2 Slash 4x4's, B/L Rusty, and a Crawler

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by madkawi650
    I am looking at the Ford F650 body.. It is 19.9 inches long.. I am concerned about the wheel base... I think it is 13.8. That might be too long. The same body for a smaller truck (t-maxx 2.5) has a wheel base of 12".. that seems too short. I'm stuck
    I have an f650 body for my emaxx 3905, heres some pictures of it on my slash 4x4. The wheelbase seems a little long, but I think a little trimming on the rear wheel wells it would look GREAT. I just sat the body on the truck so thats why you can see the chassis, once you mount the body it would lower, you could also leave some extra material at the bottom of each side, from when you cut it out to cover it even better. Heres the pics.

RC Qualifier
    lol I need to clean that body

RC Competitor
    looks nice---a tad long, but looks great on the width

Quote Originally Posted by Rustler50
    lol I need to clean that body
    Haha looks like it came out of a bowl of cereal!
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6
    Haha looks like it came out of a bowl of cereal!
    lol yea it does, its from all the snow that I have been running it in.

RC Enthusiast
    Here's my f100

RC Competitor
    nice looking--

RC Qualifier
    Thanks newbie. It was a spur of the moment thing. That was on my 2wd slash. Really helped keep the truck on the ground. Hit 63 mph using a Mamba Max 5700 and Thunder Power ProRace 3s 40c bat.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by round
    I have been eyeing up that body for a long time. Can u please post a pic with it painted and mounted?
    Thanks,
    Alvin
    I started a thread http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=505627 if you want to see a couple other angles. The Wheelbase is perfect for the Slash.

Slash 4x4 RTR, CD, sway bars.

RC Champion
    Looks great. Thanks foe the pics.
    HARDCORR RACING

RC Champion
    junval,

real clean job there. looks good.
    The biggest thing i've broken: My wallet.

RC Qualifier
    Some of you guys mentioned that the Gladiator isn't in production any more, what happened? I was able to get one and it is being painted now, can't wait to get it!
    "Obedience alone gives the right to command."