RC Competitor

Tell me about "blue Lipos"

so my friends and i were getting together to order from ********* to save some money, when we came across Hobbypartz.com even cheaper then hobby king!! and way cheaper shipping they say 4.95 shipping!!!! the only thing i dont know about is the quality of the lipos. anyone try these guys yet.

RC Qualifier
    Wow I just checked out that site and they look like an awesome deal! Especially with way cheaper shipping than *********. Great find, hope somebody has some info on these... may have to get a couple, lol.

RC Qualifier
    actually im finding that hobbypartz is charging like $3 more for each pack, and they don't have a good rep like king
    Paul
    Slash 4x4

RC Racer
    People say they are good!!! I'm going to buy 2 3s 5000 25c from there this week, its better then paying $30 shipping at *********.
    Stampede VXL
    and
    E-ReVo Brushless edition

RC Enthusiast

hobbypartz

I have a pair of the 20c 5000 mah 7.4v and use them in my emaxx they last over 30 min running it hard with the 775 moter. Only issue I see is that they are a little to wide to fit in the maxx and the slash also but great run time.

RC poster
    Do you guys recommend the hard case lipos for this truck? Or is it really not a big deal?

RC Qualifier
    I ordered a 3S 20C 5000mah battery and ThunderTiger Lipo Charger from them yesterday. Got a tracking number from UPS already and it says it will be here this coming Monday. I'll let you guys know how it works out.
    Slash MMP 4600kv
    Slash VXL

RC Qualifier
    I've got a couple of 2S 25C 4000Mah (hard case) Blue LiPo's from Hobby Partz. They are TRUE to their word, $5 (4.95) for shipping basically regardless of what I ordered (also got my AC6 Thunder charger from them, same price for shipping). Orders arrived within a week AND they were packed well. By the way...the hard case batteries were $24.95, cheaper than *********.com.

As for the batteries...I had to take my dremel to the battery tray because the wires exit on the side of the battery, but it was a simple and quick mod and after that the batteries fit my Slash 4x4 perfectly (had to also swap out the stock foam for the included wider foam because the new batts aren't as long as a 7cell NiMh).

I went to the track for the FIRST TIME last night for practice. The session lasted from 5pm to 9pm with 20 minute practice sessions. I ran my truck for 3 sessions before I needed to swap batteries. Of course, being a newbie, I wasn't hard on the throttle all the time...but still. These batteries are GREAT im my opinion. No complaints yet anyway. Ask me 3 or 4 months from now!
    Paul Valenti

Slash 4X4 #25 (Mark Jenkins)

RC Racer
    do they have a 2s 11.1 yet or not. do u think they will come out with it

RC Enthusiast
    I beleive all 11.1 are 3s please correct me if I'm wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Cheap price is only part of the equation. Value will be determined a year from now when (if) any of these are still in use. Has anyone been running the ********* bats for more than a few months? If so, are you still happy with them?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by opienva1
    You are correct.................

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by opienva1
    unless of course it's a 3s LifePO4, which is 9.9v.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato40
    Cheap price is only part of the equation. Value will be determined a year from now when (if) any of these are still in use. Has anyone been running the ********* bats for more than a few months? If so, are you still happy with them?
    Yes and uh, yes.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    I may be COMPLETELY missing the point here...but didn't the OP ask about Blue LiPo batts? Are they a HobbyPartz brand or something?

If so then what are the ********* brand batts?

I'm assuming that both retailers sell stuff and don't MAKE it (or rebrand it) of course. But I don't see how the retailer (if I'm right in my assumption that is) makes any difference to the reliability of a battery...?

The point of ordering from the US retailer over the Hong Kong retailer is, faster and cheaper SHIPPING, right?

I apologize in advance if I've just missed the point here or just don't get it. Please fill me in, in that case.
    Paul Valenti

RC Competitor
    The point is I've heard lots of good things about ******* (********* sells them) but am turned off about shipping price and wait time. So if I can get some feed back about "blue lipo" I'll feel better about placing an order.

RC Champion
    I ordered from HK and the shipping time was 14 days for the regular shipping. the 3-5 day got to my dor in 6 days.

$30 seems like a lot to ship, but if you fill the 2kg box and divide the $30 over all the items, its just a couple $$$ per battery.

For me, ordering from the USA is a nightmare. I get hit with loads of Brokerage, Duty, and Border handling fees that I never know how much they will be till it gets to my door.... but from HK, just one flat rate of $30
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    The one thing that hobbypartz may have that ********* does not is a usable return warranty. That could be a big factor in the value of the "blue" packs. As long as they are equal in quality to the *******'s. I have a feeling they are rebranded *******'s. No proof, but just a feeling.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6
    I have a feeling they are rebranded *******'s. No proof, but just a feeling.
    I was thinking the same.. they look like the *******s do, just another heatshrink and sticker on. Plugs are the same.

If they are rebranded, good bang for $ can be expected i guess. Im happy with my four ******* packs, considering the cost.

RC Qualifier
    If you are outside the US then I totally understand your problem with HobbyPartz.com. For me, I'll stick with them and the Blue LiPo's until I have a problem that causes me to think differently about them.

Right now I'm happy as a clam and the batteries seem to work GREAT and both of them balanced well (one was perfect, the other was 4.20/4.19).
    Paul Valenti

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rdm1
    The point is I've heard lots of good things about ******* (********* sells them) but am turned off about shipping price and wait time. So if I can get some feed back about "blue lipo" I'll feel better about placing an order.
    I have been using the blue batteries for over a year now.I have not had any problems and shipping to me has usually been 2-3 days.Where else can you buy 5 2S5000 batteries shipped for under $125? I figure even if one or two were to go bad I am way ahead.Just my opinion

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 07ktm250xc
    do they have a 2s 11.1 yet or not. do u think they will come out with it

hahaha, its 3.7v per cell buddy, cant have a 2s 11.1
    Paul
    Slash 4x4

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by rdm1
    so my friends and i were getting together to order from ********* to save some money, when we came across Hobbypartz.com even cheaper then hobby king!! and way cheaper shipping they say 4.95 shipping!!!! the only thing i dont know about is the quality of the lipos. anyone try these guys yet.
    I don't have a lot of experience with lipo batteries but I recently obtained 2 ea of 2s 25c 5800 *******'s from Hobby King and 1 ea 3s 25c 5000 Blue from hobbypartz. The build quality of the ******* is superior to the Blue. All you have to do is look at them and the difference is easy to tell. The Blue's look cheap compared to the others. ******* uses some kind of plastic shielding around the battery while the Blue's do not. They look like they could be damaged easier. Also, the Blue's use some fiber reenforced tape where the *******'s look much more professionally made where the wires exit the battery. The Blue's use 12 gauge wire which is much easier to deal with than the *******'s heavier wire though.

All the batteries work well but I won't buy the Blue's again because of how chincy the build quality appears. Just my 2 cents.

RC Qualifier
    Just got my Blue 3S 20C 5000mah and Charger from Hobbypartz.com

Everything looks good. I don't see anything about the battery to make me think it's a cheapo. I'll post a few pics once I get home tonight.
    Slash MMP 4600kv
    Slash VXL

RC Qualifier
    what about the part that says 3s2p vs 3s1p, that is the big diff.
    Rustler VXL FLM-Pede VXL Slash PE

RC Qualifier
    I wanted to get a charger from there and I was going to get lipos too, but now everythings sold out after that thread about hobbypartz in the e-revo brushless forum. Great

RC Qualifier
    Works as good as any other of my blue batteries

RC Qualifier
    Only problem I've encountered so far is that the battery is too wide for the Slash 2x4 or 4x4 battery trays. It's just barely too big though, so slight modification might allow it to fit properly. I'll try it out tonight and see if I can get it to work without completely hacking up my chassis'.
    Slash MMP 4600kv
    Slash VXL

RC Qualifier
    Tried it again at lunch, and the battery will fit, but it is very tight. So I'm gonna dremel some of the sides off to give it just a tiny bit more width, and then notch out the side for the wires to fit since they come out the side of the blue lipos. I'll post pics tonight after everything is cut and the battery is installed.
    Slash MMP 4600kv
    Slash VXL

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato40
    None of my ********* batts have lasted more than 10 months. I'm o.k. with that though. But I have had two bad batteries shipped to me and ********* never replaced them (said they never received the defective batteries). Its been almost two months since I sent the last one back. (both batts had a bad cell). My advice is, if you get a bad battery, dont lose more money shipping them back. Instead apply that money to a new battery.

RC Qualifier
    Well....I stand corrected. The battery will fit with no mods......other than notching a hole for the wires coming out the side. It's a very tight squeeze, but once it's in there, you don't have to worry about it coming out, plus the stock holder works in the 25mm position. Here's some pics in my recently completed \BackSlash......

Slash MMP 4600kv
    Slash VXL