RC Qualifier

Latest testing from Tim Roberts

Latest testing from Tim Roberts this weekend (forum post):

"I finally had a chance to load up a setup sheet from this past weekend's adventures. You can find the link below.

I came to the track with a test plan to try all sorts of stuff. Like usual I only made about half the changes I wanted to, and only half of them made any improvements. First of all, 50k instead of 100k was way better for me. The truck had a smoother feel to it and was a lot easier to accelerate out of the corners with. Auto2- try this if you have the CD installed and it should help.

Next I played with roll centers. I thought lowering the roll centers might add some traction and allow me to be more aggressive with the shocks. It didn't work. In the end I only made a slight change to the front camber link and left everything else stock.

After that I played with F&R diffs. Slayden was having luck with 10k front, 5k rear. I had 30k front and stock grease rear. 10/5 is a much better starting point. The truck is much smoother into the corners and much more consistant out of the corners.

Last I played with shocks and swaybars. At this point the truck was feeling great, but needed a little more front grip. I dropped the front shock oil to 50 wt and moved the rear shocks out. I also put on the black front bar. All of this did exactly what I wanted and the truck was dream to drive."

Set Up Sheet
    It is not a TOY!

RC Champion
    i wonder if he bent any axles or broke a carrier???
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by rustler09
    good question about the bent axles...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rustler09
    He'll never say!
    ERBE,EMBE,Emaxx,(3)Slash 4x4,Summit,Summit 1/16

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by egmuni
    He'll never say!
    of course not!!!
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Racer
    Thanks for posting that information. I have been meaning to check up on that thread. I can see how 50K for the center diff would be better. Using 3S (geared 11T, 54T), I was pulling partial wheelies with the stock 100K oil. That is cool and all, but could use the front tires down on the ground.

Matt

RC Qualifier
    good info, I just ordered 10k, 50k and some extra 100K at the LHS. I have some 30..

I want to start playing with this at that track. I think the next step is try 50K in the CD. see how that works then try 10K in the front if that doesn't work... I am determined to get this thing to corner!!!

I hope these fluid changes along with the bow tie M3 tires will get me cornerin'!!
    Three Summits

RC Qualifier
    Looking forward to trying. Thanks for sharing
    I approve of this message

RC Qualifier
    Check out my thread on Slash 4x4 setup. I have a full blown article in teh works but a lot of info in the thread I started. I'll also answer any questions you may have.