RC Qualifier

Old stampede springs work nicely.

I took off the stock shock springs and threw on some white springs off my stampede. I'm assuming there like the progressives in rate only not progressive. Anyway they worked great much more predictable and a nice constant rate throughout the travel. It's a simple solution if anyone wants to change there springs quick.
    Brushless makes everything taste better

RC Qualifier
    that could be the way to go, after all, MT like e-revo doesnt use progressive springs...

RC Champion
    i wonder if rusty springs would works as well? are all 4 shocks the same length on the slash or are they the same as the rusty?
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Qualifier
    they should, i think slash, stampede and rustler are using exactly the same shocks.
    Last edited by erevo09; 01-17-2010 at 06:35 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah rusty springs will work also. I'm not saying it's the perfect setup but it's a big difference. I may just stick with these until someone comes up with the perfect combo. The rear doesn't slap around while on throttle anymore either.

RC Champion
    are the 4x4 shocks all the same length?
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rustler09
    are the 4x4 shocks all the same length?
    i think slash, stampede and rustler are using exactly the same shocks, 4x4 should be the same too.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfueled
    Yeah rusty springs will work also. I'm not saying it's the perfect setup but it's a big difference. I may just stick with these until someone comes up with the perfect combo. The rear doesn't slap around while on throttle anymore either.
    if thats the case, i might go get some rustler springs before running my coming PE for the very first time.

also, i dont see why with stampede and rustler, they use non-progressive springs, but with slash, they use progressive springs?.... anyone knows why?

e-revo uses non-progressive springs.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by erevo09
    also, i dont see why with stampede and rustler, they use non-progressive springs, but with slash, they use progressive springs?.... anyone knows why?

e-revo uses non-progressive springs.
    i think because the slash is more of a "race configured" truck then the others.
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rustler09
    i think because the slash is more of a "race configured" truck then the others.
    okay, thats probably why.

since i dont race only bash and i hate breaking parts, i might just use the non-progressive springs instead, so the truck doesnt bottom out as much.

RC Qualifier
    Waite guys i think some may be missing the point. The stampede springs aren't stiffer. They just get rid of the progressive feel. With the stock springs when they are almost fully compressed they are extremely stiff. When the rear is sagging like on hard acceleration the rear is to hard. With standard springs the suspension starts out a little stiffer but it doesn't get crazy stiff when compressed so it's more plush and you can use all the suspension travel. They won't help buttoming out.

RC Champion
    after i get mine and run the stock setup i might try my rusty springs on it.
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfueled
    Waite guys i think some may be missing the point. The stampede springs aren't stiffer. They just get rid of the progressive feel. With the stock springs when they are almost fully compressed they are extremely stiff. When the rear is sagging like on hard acceleration the rear is to hard. With standard springs the suspension starts out a little stiffer but it doesn't get crazy stiff when compressed so it's more plush and you can use all the suspension travel. They won't help buttoming out.
    oh okay, sorry that i missunderstood it. but i still would like to try the non-progressive springs out