Thread: My Slash 4X4 MT

RC poster

My Slash 4X4 MT

Nothing fancy but another body option. Looks like two totally different trucks!

Before:

It is this body

After:

RC Champion
    o ya, i love the way it looks. how do you like the badlands?
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Qualifier
    VERY nice paint job on the "M/T" body. I'm wanting to try that body too now. Thanks for the link to it!!
    Are those the 30 series badlands on there? That's what I'm running.
    2 Slash 4x4's, B/L Rusty, and a Crawler

RC Champion
    your axles are not going to like that

RC Champion
    you know im surprised the new body is that narrow!!!
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Competitor
    How much wheel well trimming was required. I bought a JConcepts Glad body and am very turned off because of the lack of headlight, Grill, Tail light decales. I dont want to have to mess with the extra painting. That looks very good. Also did you have to mess around with the body posts

RC poster
    Thanks guys, it turned out pretty cool I thought. Wife and daughter picked the paint colors.

Those are the 30 series badlands with Torque rear Jato wheels.

The only trimming that was required on the body was on the front bumper and on the front wheel wells. I haven't run the body yet so there might be a bit more trimming to do on the front wheel wells but not much. The front bumper needed trimmed because it came down far enough to hit the bumper support. Other than that, I followed all the trim lines on the body.

The body posts are stock, no modification.

I did remove the nerf bars though.

Hopefully I don't have problems with the axles, I know there are alot of people that are but I believe Round is running his stock axles yet on his MT.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Brushless Beast
    Hopefully I don't have problems with the axles, I know there are alot of people that are but I believe Round is running his stock axles yet on his MT.
    he is still running stock shafts but he has cvds on the way, he told me that he twisted 1 of the shafts.
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Brushless Beast
    Thanks guys, it turned out pretty cool I thought. Wife and daughter picked the paint colors.

Those are the 30 series badlands with Torque rear Jato wheels.

The only trimming that was required on the body was on the front bumper and on the front wheel wells. I haven't run the body yet so there might be a bit more trimming to do on the front wheel wells but not much. The front bumper needed trimmed because it came down far enough to hit the bumper support. Other than that, I followed all the trim lines on the body.

The body posts are stock, no modification.

I did remove the nerf bars though.

Hey looks awesome. I did twist an axle so keep the slipper a tad on the loose side with those wheels. You are gonna love it. Keep us posted on how those wheels work out. I can't wait for someone to make some cvd's.
    HARDCORR RACING

RC Racer
    Beautiful looking truck. While I love the short course trucks, particularly the Slash 4x4, I'm not into the bodies too much. They just seem too big and clumsy to me. Anyway, I'm looking to order a Slash 4x4 in the next few weeks and I'm definitely going to do the exact same thing you did.

Just to make sure I have the body correct, that's the C10 for the for E-MAXX® 3905, E-REVO®, REVO® 3.3 & MGT, right??

Thanks for posting up the pics. Great looking rig!!
    "I know that the Lord is always on the side of the right but it is my constant anxiety and prayer that I and this nation should be on the Lord's side." President Abraham Lincoln

RC Champion
    All of the long wheelbase mt bodies will work. I have also used a Ford F250 on a slash.
    HARDCORR RACING

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by round
    All of the long wheelbase mt bodies will work. I have also used a Ford F250 on a slash.
    Thank you very kindly, Round. By the way, I love your MT Slash 4x4 thread. I learned a lot. Thanks for blazing the trail and testing things out.
    "I know that the Lord is always on the side of the right but it is my constant anxiety and prayer that I and this nation should be on the Lord's side." President Abraham Lincoln

RC poster
    thanks again guys. From what I found any of the bodies for the E Revo or 3.3 trucks will work. some just look better than others.

RC poster
    I put a link to the body in the first post by the way.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Dillon
    Thank you very kindly, Round. By the way, I love your MT Slash 4x4 thread. I learned a lot. Thanks for blazing the trail and testing things out.
    You are welcome, and thank you.
    HARDCORR RACING