RC Qualifier

Dodge Challenger SRT8 ____________

Alright so here's the deal. This up and coming weekend, January 21-24 is the Midwest International Autoshow in Omaha NE. My work, a car dealership here in Omaha has a special challenger that will be shown at the Autoshow. I don't know how much information I am allowed to share so I will only share a limited amount until the actual showing of the car.

Obviously from the title you know that the car is at least a Dodge Challenger SRT8 but, its not your ordinary SRT8 Challenger. There are quite a few modifications on this car to make it one of a kind. And thats not just a figure of speech, I mean it is literally going to be a one of a kind, heck I'll just call it a Super Challenger. (*wink wink* to you older dodge fans) And lets just say you can't buy it from the factory like this. But for the sake of my job and anything I could possibly risk, I'm going to stop there.

I will not be able to make it to the Autoshow until either Friday afternoon/evening or sunday. I will post pictures as soon as I get back from the show.

Enjoy.

RC Qualifier
    I always loved the old chargers but am begining a liking for the new ones especially the srt8. I can't wait to see what it is going to be like. Please get pics as soon as possible.
    IF YOUR NOT FIRST YOUR LAST
    Slash, N.pede,Revo

RC Qualifier
    is it any thing like Big Daddy's Don Garlits Challenger ???

this is a link to it.... i wish i could find a pic of the inside... i have a personal one i took from the U.S Nationals that i will try to find. but its sick looks stock then u take a closer look and nothing inside that car is stock all 100% racing.... Drag Racing

http://www.egmcartech.com/2009/09/02...mopar-w-video/

Nothing Like the Power of MOPAR
    Last edited by I sniff Nitro; 01-17-2010 at 12:18 AM.
    Rustler VXL SPC Power
    4-tec 5700K MM SPC Power

RC Racer
    The only thing I can think of that was called super, was the super bird, so is it a challenger with a different nose and rather large rear wing?
    If I knew everything I forgot, I'd be a geneious!

RC Racer
    Massively
    Over
    Powered
    And
    Respected

Yep I'm a fan!!!!
    If I knew everything I forgot, I'd be a geneious!

RC Champion
    Is it painted gold by chance?

RC Qualifier
    rccars ~ will do. I have some on my phone now but I'll post those along with the Autoshow pics later.

i sniff nitro ~ nope, its not like Garlits Challenger. Although, my work did have a Challenger that came in completely bare (no tranny, engine, driveshaft, rear end, nothin) which I had heard was going to be turned strictly into a car for the drag strip.

spky ~ the 'Super Challenger' was the hint, not just super. Mr Kraus has a way with Challengers.

bjoehandley ~ red

RC Racer
    I hope it has more of a stock look then the Don Garlit car above. Stock looking cars that really perform are my thing. maybe change the stance with some wheel/tire combos and a good set of suspension but leave the stickers in the garage.

Boone722
    Hmmm,Could it be the Challenger that Stacey David worked on? If so this is one special car.He did put some clues on the car! Please take some underhood shots..

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by irockid86
    I hope it has more of a stock look then the Don Garlit car above. Stock looking cars that really perform are my thing. maybe change the stance with some wheel/tire combos and a good set of suspension but leave the stickers in the garage.
    Don's car was for drag racing though.. not street, but ya did not look to stock out side up inside it looked closer
    Rustler VXL SPC Power
    4-tec 5700K MM SPC Power

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    What ever it is it is going to be hard to compete with what Mr. Norm brought to Carlisle and Mopar Nationals last summer. Supercharged 426 Hemi Convertible Challenger and 'Cuda. Very awesome cars Both sat on SRT-10 Viper suspensions. Still waiting for them to put the 'Cuda grill insert into production so I can swap mine out.

I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.

RC Qualifier
    i bought a 1966 dodge charger new.

RC Qualifier
    Well.......Cuda TMaxx is right.

My work has a 2010 Mr. Norm's Super Challenger SRT8 Convertible. Well I guess since words out, I'll post the pics I do have. haha

When I said "Kraus has a way with Challengers", Mr. Norm's last name is Kraus. I have yet to see any pics or articles or hear of a Challenger SRT8 convertible. I've seen pics and heard of the 426 Challenger convertibles but not an SRT8, which is what I meant by one of kind. And I'll post better pics after the AutoShow.

RC Champion
    Ah, I was wondering it it was going to be this
    http://www.dubdaily.com/?p=16798

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeek
    I have yet to see any pics or articles or hear of a Challenger SRT8 convertible.
    Both the detonator yellow cars above started out as a SRT-8. Pretty awesome your dealership got one.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cuda_tmaxx
    Both the detonator yellow cars above started out as a SRT-8. Pretty awesome your dealership got one.
    Ya, I could tell from the grill that they were SRT's because of the badge. But obviously the 426 is not the SRT8 engine. My work seems to be getting a lot of nice cars in as well. We have 15 ACR vipers on the show floor now with 15 more to come.

RC Racer
    it could be what you guys are saying or it could be the srt10 challenger
    what smells like supdawg???

RC Qualifier
    xtreme maxx - the pictures of the red challenger convertible i posted is the car that my work got in. 2010 Mr. Norm's Super Challenger Convertible.

I was talking to a tech from work the other day and he said he swapped the wheels and tires. In my pictures above, the challenger still has the SRT wheels but now it has a different set. I'm anxious to see what he swapped them for. I'll post pics tomorrow after the car show.

RC Racer

RC Qualifier
    Alright so I went to the Auto Show just to see the challenger. The Challenger looks pretty good and is not quite done yet and has some final touches left on it But here it is. (And stupid me forgot my camera so I had to take the pictures with my cell phone again)

These wheels are exactly like the stock SRT challenger wheels just chrome.

Unfortunately it is an automatic

I think it looks pretty good with the top down.

So I am kind of disappointed in my work because of this challenger. I talked to the guy at work who was incharge of talking to Mr Norm and making the decisions on what to do to the challenger and heres the list of things that had been done:
    converted to convertible
    Mr Norm's Super Challenger Base Package (list found here, hurst shifter)
    Lowered 1"
    magnaflow exhaust
    chrome wheels
    and a shaker hood which has yet to be installed

Unfortunately that is it and I asked why they stopped there and didn't want to do more such as supercharge it. The guy from work said they didn't want to get into that sort of price range because it is already a $90K car I guess. But yet they have 15 ACR Vipers on the show floor all listed for $110K. I've been a little disappointed in my work lately because their ego is getting the better of them but I don't really have any room to talk there so I just keep my mouth shut. But anyways, the Challenger looks great in person. Oh I almost forgot, a Chrysler Representative approached my buddy who's a tech at work, and asked him if he wanted to put a supercharger on it. He said sure so it could be just a matter of time before it is supercharged.

RC Qualifier
    I'm Sorry. But that thing is FUGLY. Yet I feel all the new Challengers are fugly. Except the 'Cuda conversions, they look right.....

RC Racer
    i dont think it should be a convertible i think they should've left it the way they are. but that still looks better then the new mustangs and camaros

RC Qualifier
    i guess you cats know the so called hemi the push off the assy line now days , is not a TRUE hemi. its a pent roof like the old offy 4 cyl race engine. BUT i think the new one is great.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Other than the addition of a spark plug the 426 and 5.7/6.1 are very similar. Also, wasn't the Offy 4 Cylinder a DOHC 16V. Not much of a comparison if you ask me.

RC Qualifier
    just check the angle that the valve stems are at. you will need a cross section of the chamber. i spent so many years working on the early hemis to be fooled. the new "hemi" has lower angle. and yes the offy was over head cam. but iam not talking about that. the first 426 hemi 1964, had both valves tillted towards the center of the engine a few degrees, so it would fit in the narrow engine compartment if the early B body. the early hemi 392 have the valves centered on the cylinder. iam not tying to put anyone down, or put down any car. iam just stating facts. i have been around a while. but i realy think the new cars are great. i think the factory has done a great job of getting performance and mpg at the same time. thats not easy to do, my hat is off to them.

RC Qualifier
    Rancho Tehama or Red Bluff area or California
    The best hemi heads I ever seen used 4 valves per cylinder. It was after market head for the 440. It wasn't Indy though. It was around 8 years ago I seen it in a Mopar Magazine. The main reason the new hemi has a lower valve angle is to have less surface on the piston. More surface area there is more the NOx in the exhaust goes up.
    Broken parts=New better parts

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by spky
    Massively
    Over
    Powered
    And
    Respected

Yep I'm a fan!!!!
    Move
    Over
    People
    Are
    Racing

Jammin SCRT10 4x4
    1/16 VXL Slash
    Revo 3.3
    SC10

RC Qualifier
    two thumbs up to nunster. when i raced there was no after market heads, blocks , cranks. we had some top level racers from this area Kansas Oklahoma. back in the day.

RC Qualifier
    Must
    Order
    Parts
    And
    Repair

JK!!! I am a mopar guy. I came up with that though.
    ERBE ~ Rusty VXL ~ Pede VXL ~ 2 Slash 4X4's

RC Racer
    Love the challys. Gonna be buying an srt at the end of this summer. Cant decide on the 2010 or waiting for the 392 to come out for 2011.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by snl954
    Love the challys. Gonna be buying an srt at the end of this summer. Cant decide on the 2010 or waiting for the 392 to come out for 2011.
    i already have an 09 r/t but if i was buying one now i would get it immeditaly with the economic issue and the car companys not producing as many vehicles esspecialy the more high end cars like the challenger and camaro

RC Qualifier
    Baxter... it just doesnt get any better!
    LOL

too bad you wont be able to drive that thing around omaha until they repair all the darned potholes aroun here.

get ur done...
    you must be fast, you were right behind me

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dub c
    Baxter... it just doesnt get any better!
    LOL

too bad you wont be able to drive that thing around omaha until they repair all the darned potholes aroun here.

get ur done...
    Ya i know, omaha is terrible. Lincoln has finally started to fill in the pot holes though

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by zeek
    Well.......Cuda TMaxx is right.

My work has a 2010 Mr. Norm's Super Challenger SRT8 Convertible. Well I guess since words out, I'll post the pics I do have. haha

When I said "Kraus has a way with Challengers", Mr. Norm's last name is Kraus. I have yet to see any pics or articles or hear of a Challenger SRT8 convertible. I've seen pics and heard of the 426 Challenger convertibles but not an SRT8, which is what I meant by one of kind. And I'll post better pics after the AutoShow.

Please don't take this the wrong way zeek, but does anybody else think the top on that car loos shamefully bad?

RC Qualifier
    Ya, I actually thought that the minute I saw it. But it looks much, much better with the top down. I think if it was a different color it might look better.

RC Champion
    True, maybe have the top color match the paint color instead of a color that compliments the body color would help a little bit, but a major redesign of that top should be done so it better matches the a pillars and lines of the car.

RC Qualifier
    to: extreme max in post #19 you have a link to mr. nelson ireson where he calls the challenger a big car. it is NOT a big car. a 1958 chrysler 300 D or a 1965 chrysler 300L is a big car. note the 300 D has a real hemi other wise its a good review

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by moe7404
    to: extreme max in post #19 you have a link to mr. nelson ireson where he calls the challenger a big car. it is NOT a big car. a 1958 chrysler 300 D or a 1965 chrysler 300L is a big car. note the 300 D has a real hemi other wise its a good review
    A 300 series weighed in around 4200-4500 pounds depending on the options it had. A new challenger with the 6.1 or 5.7 has a curb weight of 4200 pounds. With a V-10 that car would be over 4400. So yes, I would call it a big car in the aspect that the author was speaking.