RC Racer

I need help installing an Integy heatsink/fan

Hey guys,

I made a debris shield and it works great. But the Motor is running a little hot, around 210 degrees. I used an infrared thermometer and the only thing that was overheating was the motor. The ESC and battery were within the safe zone. I bought a heatsink/fan by Integy, model number C22470BLUE.
    I wrote an email to Integy asking them how to install the connectors for the fan. They said that I can use an available slot from the receiver (which I have). The problem with that is the cable isn't long enough. He said I can use the ESC power output but the connectors are the same gender. Now, the package comes with extra wires, one end has bare Black/Red wires and the other has a connector that mates with the ESC. I can connect the wires together without soldering, but that would be kind of hokey. Is soldering the only solution in this situation? For those of you who have this Integy heatsink/fan, How did you make your connections? I've tried searching through this forum, but no luck .

Your help is appreciated,

grecinos
    IT'S NOT A TOOMAH!

RC Qualifier
    I once used an extension wire that TRAXXAS makes got it at LHS. It was like 3".
    JESUS says: "Fix it B4 it Breaks!"

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdomracer
    I once used an extension wire that TRAXXAS makes got it at LHS. It was like 3".
    Hmmm, did that fix the problem the plugs being the same gender? If not, what did you do?

thanks
    IT'S NOT A TOOMAH!

RC Qualifier
    The extension had a male side and a female side thus helping the heatsink fan wire reaching my receiver. But I didn't keep it for long and just soldered on what was needed to make it reach.
    JESUS says: "Fix it B4 it Breaks!"

RC poster
    I took the original wire and removed it from the fan with a fine point soldering iron and then soldered the wire with the female fitting back onto the fan. The other option is to cut the male connector off the fan wire and then solder the female connector and wire together.

RC Racer
    Thanks for the quick replies . From the looks of it and your suggestions, I think I'll go the soldering route.

Cheers!
    IT'S NOT A TOOMAH!

RC Qualifier
    if you cant solder just grab an extendor , there like $2-$3 and plug right into the plug on the fan extending it to the reciever , one side is male and one is female....

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by justpassedu
    if you cant solder just grab an extendor , there like $2-$3 and plug right into the plug on the fan extending it to the reciever , one side is male and one is female....
    Yea, I was going to call Monday to see what exactly it is that I need. You wouldn't happen to have a part number or link to that extendor?
    IT'S NOT A TOOMAH!