RC Enthusiast

4th run & then DISASTER...

On my 4th run, with the 2S Lipo, I did this...

That's ruined it for me for this weekend I guess! Is there a stronger hop-up or should I just go for another stock part???

RC Champion
    Deffinately get the upgraded alloy part , looks like the rear bearing carrier ?

Those are known not too be very strong ...
    At WARN 80% and climbing !

RC poster
    Rear bearing carrier? I broke the same part on Thursday. I was running in the cold and clipped the rear wheel.

I used the RPM hop-up from the 2wd Slash. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXNY90&P=ML

RC Champion
    My friend broke the same part twice and then decided to get the aluminum parts. Must be a weak point on the truck.
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC poster
    I broke mine in the exact same place but superglue held it together for a week until the replacement part came. I had to reglue it a couple of times but it was surprisingly strong

RC Enthusiast
    It is a clean break, I might try plastic weld (which fuses the 2 parts together) until a stonger hop-up arrives!!!

RC Champion
    I have seen another slash 4x4 break in the same spot. I think it would be a good idea to get an aluminum part

RC Champion
    wow nice break!! (i like breaking parts lol)

i would get aluminum its good in winter too
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Racer
    I'll be very impressed if the plastic weld holds up, but give er a try!

In most spots I don't like the idea of Alum parts except for, rear bearing carriers and and front bearing carriers & caster blocks, those should all be replaced with Alum the first time they break. And then it's probably a good idea to carry a spare set of arms because the Alum parts will transfer the force there instead.

RC Racer
    Pretty common part to break in the cold, even on the 2x4 Slash.

Get the RPM ones and be done. Don't go aluminum unless your ready to start upgrading more parts that way.
    Nothing to see here people, move along...

RC Qualifier
    The STRC Aluminum bearing carrier for the 4x2 fit the 4x4 rear Under $20 and come with 4 bearings.
    You're not too old if you're still having fun!

RC Qualifier
    I broke the same part...same side even the first time I ran my truck. Actually to be more correct...my bashing buddy, let a friend drive his truck and he t-boned my truck and broke it. Same place yours broke on the rear bearing carrier.

I replaced mine with an aluminum traxxas 2x4 part. IF you can find an ACTUAL 4x4 replacement that's probably preferred. But I don't think that they are available yet, although you might check buytraxxas.com and see for yourself. The 2x4 part is slightly thinner where the axles/bearings seat (from front to back, not the walls) by about 2mm. It's practically inconsequential, I just adjusted the camber a bit and it runs great now. I have yet to break anything else.

BUT...I just got my 2S Blue LiPo's today and will be heading to the track on monday for the first time for some practice. We'll see if anything breaks there. I guess if it doesn't, I wasn't going fast enough! LOL
    Paul Valenti

Slash 4X4 #25 (Mark Jenkins)

RC Qualifier
    Parts broke to date on my 4x4:
    Bearing Carrier
    Front Bulk Head
    Chassis
    Drive Hub
    Tire
    Rear Bumper
    and yesterday a 6S and a MMM ESC went up in smoke!

and yet when I look at my 4x4 on the bench I still get chills! What a great fun easy to drive truck! Thing is so much fun fly's threw the air and down the street!

RC Competitor
    So how far into the 6 figures are you takin' down a year ???
    lol

RC Qualifier
    This hobby has me 6 figures in the hole !!!
    lol

RC Enthusiast
    I have "bodged" it together for now, not sure how long it will last for though!

I used plastic weld to fuse the 2 broken pieces togther, left it to dry for a few hours then cut 3 small strips of plastic & reinforced it with yet more plastic weld. I will be leaving it near the fire to dry tonight & tomorrow we will she if she holds together!!!

RC Qualifier
    nice the things we do to keep rollin!

That won't hold at all, but it's worth a try!
    Rustler VXL | ZX1.5R | Baja 5T | Baja 5B | Blitz

RC poster
    Broke my second one today by sliding sideways at high speed into a bin
    It broke into a few pieces and the whole wheel flew off. Luckily I have a spare but I think i'll get the RPM ones for when it happens again.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scream And Fly
    That won't hold at all, but it's worth a try!
    You were correct, it came apart in the first 5 minutes, I am just really desperate to drive my short course truck

RC poster
    Broke mine too, same right side as yours too. I noticed the 2wd will fit but it has different hole placement thats lower and much farther in. So it wouldn't work with the 2.2 that I was using.

I really want to stay away from aluminum until they get the "death wobble" axle issue figured out.