Hybrid View

RC Qualifier

Slash 4X4 in Iraq pic's

Here is my SLASH 4X4 running through the paces at our track at FOB Hammer, it is not the greatest to look at but it is a track. This truck is in one word "AMAZING" It flys with grace, at least until it gets hit by a 30mph gust of wind and handles really well in the moondust covered hardpack ground here. The track needs some work and it is scheduled for a make over in the next month or so to make it larger and to better utilize the available space allowed for it.
    Here it is flying off the table top

And a beauty shot on top of the table top

Coming out of turn #2 and into the short straight with jumps

and finally coming off the last jump before the turn for the table top

Please keep all images to a width of 640 pixels or less. To do this, you must edit the image using an image editor before you upload the picture to your host.

I have changed the image(s) to link(s) and/or thumbnail(s) so that people don't have to scroll to read the thread. You can also upload thumbnails that can be selected to view the photo at the original resolution.

-ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-15-2010 at 08:48 AM.
    "Obedience alone gives the right to command."

RC Racer
    Nice, I just ordered my slash 4x4 today and I wish i had that much or any sand to play in. Do you have people to race against ?
    Slash 4x4 and 10 other Models. Too Much !

RC Qualifier
    Oh yeah! We have about 25 trucks over here and we are trying to get a race going at least once a month through the MWR here. My main compition is a buddy of mine who has a Tekin powered SC8E that just flat out screams! The only thing that I personally think would make this a super truck is giving it a metal tub like the SC8 has and upgrading the shocks to handle it. Other than that I can almost do everything he can but the wieght of the SC8 along wih the power make is a very stable and hard to beat truck.
    We also have 2 ERBE's, E-MAXX, a brushless Savage Flux, a couple of Rustlers, a B44, Losi's and other assorted truggy's. It is an awesome free for all round when we all get on the track at once, and ends up being more of a demolition derby than a race. I will post some pics of the next race we have.

RC Qualifier
    what do you guys do or parts?
    IF YOU CANT FIX IT DONT BUY IT !

RC Champion
    Awesome! Glad to see you guys get to have some fun!

RC Competitor
    Thanks for what you do

RC Competitor
    That tracl looks pretty darn good to me!

RC Champion
    Nice pics, thanks for sharing them!

Thank you for your service!
    ◄▲▼► SUMMIT ●○●○● 2 RUSTLER VXL's ●○●○● MERV ◄▲▼►

RC Enthusiast
    cool stuff Sierra. I had my slayer out there with me last year. I was in Baghdad though. Did make it out there to FOB Hammer a few times while utilizing Butler range. Hey, a little off topic but does the dfac still have those fried waffles. I only had them a couple times but those things were awesome except they had like a million calories but once every 4 months or so won't hurt.
    Don't talk about it, be about it! Rubbin's racin'.

RC Qualifier
    jaysd200, we send a lot of business to Tower Hobbies, Thetoyz, fleebay, and other on-line hobby shops that are APO friendly, for the most part they are great but some are like wal-mart and want to charge extra to ship this way so we avoid them. mewalsh100 thanks for the comments on the track, when they first layed it out they didn't think to ask us RC'ers that were going to use it so there is a lot of dead space, pus the sandbags that line the track an used for the jumps deteriate rapidly in this blistering sun. We are currently getting approval to redesign it so that we can use all of the available space, and are attempting to get a light set allocated for perminate use there so we can run at night. We are looking for supplies to build a drivers platform and some boothes to work on our trucks between laps but this climate is murder on bare wood and nothing lasts longer than a year at the most. oifwarrior LOL, I know what you mean about the waffles, they still have them from time to time but not like they used too. Like I said earlier we have a race at the end of the month and we will get a group picture of all of us with our cars and I will post race results and any significant damage that results.

RC Enthusiast
    Great pics sierra!

I need to get someone out to take pics of mine. I'd like to build a track here, and have spoken with the FOB Mayor about it. However no soldiers seem to have an interest in the hobby. I've only had my truck about a week though, so maybe more will see it and I can garner some interest. Its great ya'll have so many folks that come out to race/bash. I tell you what, the soldiers here might not be interested, but the local nationals and the Ugandans LOVE it!

Take it easy and happy racing.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by alphatanker3ID

I'd like to build a track here, and have spoken with the FOB Mayor about it. However no soldiers seem to have an interest in the hobby.
    Where is "here"? I am due to be in FOB Anaconda in the spring and will be bringing my Slash 4x4 with me. I've already been talking to a decent number of people in my battalion trying to build enough interest to have a track built (if there isn't already one). I have taken my truck to the motor pool a couple of times and run it back and forth having a blast in the snow... I think I have at least a few people hooked.

RC Racer
    Very nice pics!
    I want spring/summer now and not snow...

RC Qualifier
    EPIC! Great fun, great pictures! Thanks for sharing!
    I approve of this message

RC Qualifier
    Hey WhiteTyger75, I can try to get a hold of some people over there and see if they have a track or not, but I seem to recal that someone here said there was a track, so far I know of tracks at Victory, Hammer, Fallujah, and Carver. I am sure that there are several other FOB's that have them but they do not have guys that post here. RC's have really taken off over here so just about every camp has a couple of guys that run. Drop me a PM and I will try to keep up with you on this info.

RC poster
    Sierra 008,

Do you have any shots of the entire track that you are running on? I'd love to see what the full course looks like. It's good to hear that there may already be a track where I'm headed to. Before signing up with this forum, I had been playing around with track designs, trying to work out something if there wasn't already a place over there.

Does anyone know of a thread where people have already been posting designs? I'd like to get some feedback/suggestions on my design.

RC Qualifier
    I will see if I can dig out the old pic's of the whole track, if I can't find them I will go take some more for you. Also I got a hold of a couple of guys I know over at Anaconda and they don't know of any tracks over there, it doesn't mean they don't have them they just don't know. I will keep trying to find out for you if they have one or not.