RC Qualifier

shock wts and CD wts, opinons.

I am running at a indoor track, cold and hard. NO traction. I have been making some adjusments with the tracks owner who is very helpful. Most of what he has told me to do has got my truck working better. When I get my bow ties I think I will be dialed in a lot better....

He suggested running some lighter shock weights... he thinks the 40wt in the back is decent but the thicker 60 wt in the front is a bit thick not allowing the suspension to work well, also causing come push coming out of the turns....

He also thinks the CD shouldbe reduced to 50K instead of the 100K thats in it.

What do ya all think??

I am just trying to open some discussion... I may have already touched on this in another thread but I just came from the track and want to talk about it!!
    Three Summits

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by milkman
    I am running at a indoor track, cold and hard. NO traction. I have been making some adjusments with the tracks owner who is very helpful. Most of what he has told me to do has got my truck working better. When I get my bow ties I think I will be dialed in a lot better....

He suggested running some lighter shock weights... he thinks the 40wt in the back is decent but the thicker 60 wt in the front is a bit thick not allowing the suspension to work well, also causing come push coming out of the turns....

He also thinks the CD shouldbe reduced to 50K instead of the 100K thats in it.

What do ya all think??

I am just trying to open some discussion... I may have already touched on this in another thread but I just came from the track and want to talk about it!!
    the track i race on is very similar. i am at 40/30 in the shocks, 30,000 in the CD, stock oil in the FD and 7000 in the RD - - may need slight changing for the lower traction track.....works great for me
    That was easy

Traxxas - Futaba - Losi - Tekin

RC Qualifier
    Curious if you've tried biasing your battery to the rear of the battery tray to move some of the weight from the front?
    I approve of this message