Thread: Precautions

RC Champion

Precautions

Hi all,
    When I get my slash 4x4, are there any things to do right away to keep it safe from the elements? Should I tape/cover up any parts? Adjust the gearing?
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC Competitor
    No. I've been running mine in the snow, slush and mush here with absolutely no problems. I've pulled the body off after a run to see the whole inner chassis area coated and covered in snow and wet. No issues. When done running I simply take mine over to our utility sink and turn it upside down and span it across the sink to let the snow melt off and drip out. Once everything has melted off, I go over the nuts, bolts, moving parts liberally with WD-40 as the manual suggests. Good to go!

RC Qualifier
    after every run, use some rust protector, not WD-40, use silicone spray. much better
    and take off the center driveshaft cover to let it dry off
    Paul
    Slash 4x4

RC Racer
    I like to duct-tape the inside fenders on the body. Excessive jumping will cause the wheels to wear thru the paint on the inside of the body.

Not anything specific to the Slash, I do this on all my bodies, but it keeps them looking nice on the outside.
    Dru

RC Competitor
    Silicone spray doesn't really displace water though - It does lubricate better, but I've been more concerned about the water displacement than lub since everything is sealed.

RC Qualifier
    Don't run it in anything that salt or de-icer is used.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusillus
    I like to duct-tape the inside fenders on the body. Excessive jumping will cause the wheels to wear thru the paint on the inside of the body.

Not anything specific to the Slash, I do this on all my bodies, but it keeps them looking nice on the outside.
    use reinforced tape, it will strengthen the body a bit for when rolling
    Paul
    Slash 4x4