RC Champion

GoPro on-board camera

So anyone else try the gopro camera on the 4x4 yet? I have a couple videos uploading now. They aren't too good yet because I can't get the sound on and my stiff springs make the truck a little bouncy. First 2 videos I have made so there will be more and better to come.

Any suggestions on programs to help make the gopro hd camera videos better, please let me know. I'd like to get into the slow-motion and video editing. I'm making changes in my suspension to make them better also.
    ****** out Rustler
    Slash 4x4 gettin' close

RC Qualifier
    Did you buy a mount for the gopro (if so, what is it?) or did you just make something?

RC Champion
    I got the motorsports package. I used the j-hook (vertical mount) and attached it ontop of the servo. It puts it at just the right height. The servo is plenty solid enough that it one didn't effect the other.
    It is taking HOURS for a video to upload on youtube. I guess it's the hd that slows it down.
    ****** out Rustler
    Slash 4x4 gettin' close

RC Champion
    Here is the first one. Apparently it has been done for a while. I don't understand computers .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhBUqUnUcxQ
    ****** out Rustler
    Slash 4x4 gettin' close

RC Qualifier
    its bouncy cause ur on grass dude... it doesnt matter what springs u use its always gonna bounce
    Paul
    Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    It will be better. I have VERY stiff springs on it right now. I can tell the difference in the truck with the stock ones vs what is on it now. The stock ones are much smoother. I ran the truck the same way with the stockers and there were no roll-overs. My only problem is getting the darn video off this camera in a good way.
    ****** out Rustler
    Slash 4x4 gettin' close

RC Qualifier
    Nice pants.

RC Qualifier
    pretty cool! keep 'em coming!
    Painting bodies good from far, but far from good

RC Champion
    Well, at the end of this video the camera came off the top of the servo. It's a pretty fun video even though I had to keep readjusting the camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy8fFCKl3ro

Last night I screwed a mount down to the battery hold down. It won't be coming off but now the view will be from driver's point of view which is cool I guess. I'll post those vids tonight.
    ****** out Rustler
    Slash 4x4 gettin' close

RC Champion
    cool vids, not sure why you have no sound? I use sony vegas pro 8 for editing all my videos. I don't do anything too special either. There is loads of different video editing software out there.
    infowars.com

RC Champion
    So here is the monster truck version video. There is still no sound Gopro is hard to get in touch with about the camera
    Broke a diff output yoke at the end and I was late for work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE0Pf8FJyZM

I had to remount the camera. I screwed a mount down to the battery hold down that gives it a more drivers side view, so it won't come off but it still tries to point down on hard landings. I'll have to do something about that next.

And the Rustler steel output yoke replacements for the part I broke...

Last edited by fisheydude; 01-15-2010 at 06:39 PM.
    ****** out Rustler
    Slash 4x4 gettin' close

RC Champion
    was just looking through the manual, this one does not have the volume option for loud or quiet either like the old one i had. I agree with you that their communication is rubbish. I had to get mine replaced and it took ages to hear back from them and had to chase up my own queries to learn the status. Hope all works better for you.
    infowars.com

RC Champion
    fisheydude-tries to point down on hard landings

I had the same problem. The fix is to use a philips screwdriver to tighten the knob. Worked great for me.
    HARDCORR RACING

RC Qualifier
    Cool vids guys.
    Owner of: 1/10 Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition

RC Champion
    I guess the volume option it refers to is the waterproof case vs the open case. Either way, you should hear a motor right next to the camera. And it says they try to respond to e-mail in 3 days.... BAH!

Another longer video. Towards the end there is about a 20 foot lid skid and I get it flipped back over... at about 45mph guessing. Awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4J3Ictkz2g
    ****** out Rustler
    Slash 4x4 gettin' close

RC Champion
    Went to the track today. Started at the slick track. The battery ran out before I got video of the 1/8th scale buggy track. My spare battery was 70 miles away on my computer table. But here is the slick track. I was running my monster truck style set-up: stiff springs, high ride height, and tight slipper so the handling wasn't the best. It will be better next time, I will go more prepared for this track instead of the off-road track. (And well, I'm not the best driver either )

And the vid...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVIg4hG21Bo

Here is the vid with the still camera. Wasn't sure how it was going to be but it shows how slide-ways you can get...
    (Give it some time for the better quality)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tse5m65zekA
    ****** out Rustler
    Slash 4x4 gettin' close