Thread: twin vxl?

RC Racer

Smile twin vxl?

iv got a stock erevo and im thinking about putting twin vxl systems in it.. and right now iv got stock everything on it, and the motors and esc are getting sooo hot in about 10 minutes, also i want some more speed + power.. about how fast would my erevo go, when i put twin vxls in it and running 2x 8.4v 5000 nimhs? and also will the temperature be ok?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If you want to go brushless and make a $200 plus investment on it, it will be worth getting lipo.

RC Qualifier
    Unless you absolutely want to keep it waterproof, I would get a mamba monster system or some other large 1/8 scale brushless system, it would be cheaper and faster and more powerful. But with the twin vxls, if you really want to get sone speed out of them, you need to run lipos. Two nimhs with twin vxls will be faster than stock but not by a whole lot

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    What they said.

Twin vxls will run better on nimhs than the MMM system ( or similar ) will, but you still need lipos to get the most out of any BL system. Given the similar price of a v-twin setup vs an MMM etc, it makes more sense to go the single large BL system route really.

What kind of budget did you have in mind, and what kind of performance/ speed/ driving were you looking at?
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Racer
    well i actually might be getting it for my birthday.. im not spending anything thing on it soon, because im saving up for my car soo yeahh, all i need is 1 more vxl esc and im good to go

RC Racer
    but i just want more speed and less heat

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So long as you gear sensibly you should be fine- ambient temps are alot higher in Oz so that does play a factor, but running on 2x 7 cell packs should be good for somewhere around 35mph or more- I would suggest 2s lipos really as they will allow taller gearing & run cooler compared to overworked nimhs..
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...