RC Competitor

Ordered from Tower...got a question

So I am a newb to electric RC. I have always had nitro and just purchased another T-Maxx 3.3 a week ago. But anyways, I went ahead and ordered a RTR slash 4x4 from Tower on 1/10/10. I am just trying to get an idea of what "order pending" in the status of my order means as in time length. I would appreciate it guys. I am sure you will be seeing me here alot considering I have no clue about electric...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Only God knows... So far, Mid January... But, could be Late January too...

200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Competitor
    that sucks....but I couldn't pass it up for $329.99

RC Champion
    In Tower's terms, Order Pending means they have an order in with Traxxas but don't have an ETA yet. They seem to be getting caught up now, so I'd guess 10 days to 2 weeks.
    Traxxas racing!

RC Competitor
    Okay, that makes me feel a lot better. Thanks Wrath

RC Racer
    You'll love it man, I used to own a T-Maxx about 8 years ago and this thing is 10x better! Though it was the original T-Maxx which was under powered and had shorter A-Arms. Worst of all though was that I lived in area which the elevation was about 7500ft and you lost a LOT of power!

Anyways, nice job on making the right decision!

RC Qualifier
    im still waiting for the PE from tower.... i have to say honestly i am losing my patience with it!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by erevo09
    im still waiting for the PE from tower.... i have to say honestly i am losing my patience with it!!!
    When did you order it?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysls1
    When did you order it?
    on 12/30/09...

RC Qualifier
    on 12/30/09...
    Thats the same time I ordered mine

RC Champion
    honestly you guys... it's not THAT long to wait...
    Anyway, does that discount go for the platinum edition too?
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysls1
    Thats the same time I ordered mine
    its okay if i know everywhere else is out of stock too, but thats not the case. and tower is supposed to be the bigger merchant...

RC Competitor
    okay so the stock status changed from Mid Jan yesterday to On Order today....what is the deal? I would just like to get at least a decent timeline so I can be expecting it.

Not RTR- I haven't been able to break in my new Maxx because it has been in the 15-25 degree range here. But I loved all of my old ones. I'm sure I will love this new 3.3 along with my Slash 4x4, if it even gets here...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by tackett834
    okay so the stock status changed from Mid Jan yesterday to On Order today....what is the deal? I would just like to get at least a decent timeline so I can be expecting it.
    Here's the explaination of Tower's stock status - http://www.towerhobbies.com/help/stockstatus.html
    I approve of this message

RC Competitor
    yea, it just sucks when they keep changing it. I guess it will get here when it gets here...who knows though.

On another note, will the Thunder AC6 charger be good for me? I do plan on eventually going LiPo.

RC Qualifier
    the standard 4x4 is FINALLY back in stock now at tower, so everyone who has been waiting for it should be getting it soon now. PE is still not though...

RC Competitor
    I just checked my order and it is in stock! I am so pumped....

again, will the Thunder AC6 do the trick for me?

RC Champion
    its okay if i know everywhere else is out of stock too, but thats not the case. and tower is supposed to be the bigger merchant...
    So why not cancel your order and buy it somewhere else? My guess is because it was quite a bit cheaper at tower. I guess you need to decide how badly you want it now.

Tower is the bigger merchant, but that also means they have far more people on the list that needs to be filled when they get in. Not only is tower popular but their prices with the coupon were by far the cheapest. All that means is a lot of people on the list. Its just where you fit on that list, nothing they can do about it.
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by tackett834
    I just checked my order and it is in stock! I am so pumped....

again, will the Thunder AC6 do the trick for me?
    Thunder AC6 charger looks pretty sweet to me since its an AC/DC charger. however, keep in mind, you wont be able to charge any lipo thats above 5000mah at 1C since its max output is at 5A... other than that, it looks good and the price is good too!

RC Competitor
    okay.....is there a charger that you would recommend for me so that I can use lipos above 5000mah? I need an AC/DC so that I can charge in the house by the way.