RC Racer

What balancer to buy???

Hi, I was just curious what is the cheapest sufficient balancer I can get. I have a charger already, the Duratrax 230 to be specific. But it seems that I need a balancer as well to make sure my cells get fully charged.

Will anything work at *********.com? I plan to buy all my stuff from them since it is super cheap! If so which one(s) and how do they work. They don't list any instructions on their website. I JUST NEED A BALANCER! Nothing special.
    Last edited by Not RTR; 01-09-2010 at 04:51 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Most people ive seen with that charger use a blinky.

RC Qualifier
    +1 on the blinky for $29.99
    or if you want a digital readout that will tell you the voltage of each cell, for $39.99 you can get the blinky digital screen.
    Slash, Slash 4x4, T-Maxx 3.3, E-Maxx

RC Racer
    I agree, Blinky gets the job done. Been using it with my MRC Super Brain 989 ever since I got my Slash 4x4 and 3s Lipo.
    IT'S NOT A TOOMAH!

RC Racer
    I was hoping for something cheaper... The blinky seems to be about 25-30 bucks. On *********. com they have balancers for less then 5 bucks. I'm curious if those work. They might not be as nice, but its just a circuit board!

Anyways, if someone could please check out the website I mentioned and let me know if those will work and how! Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    never used their balancers, but i have their chargers, and everything seems good enough. i would just get in the habit of checking the cells with a multimeter from time to time. i have also used the blinky balancer and liked it, but after misplacing it i replaced it with a self balancing charger for the same cost...

RC Champion
    http://www.commonsenserc.com Pro Balancer is way more expensive but it does provide you a tool to easily check all your pack cell voltages as well as being a balancer.
    I make tap adapters and power harnesses.

RC Racer
    Lets say I wanted a cheap balancer... is there one for under 10 bucks?

RC Champion
    http://www.okhobby.hk/product.php?id_product=1040

Complete charger with integrated balancer $19.99 about $27 shipped.
    Same exact unit as Accucel-6 from same factory.

Much nicer to have an integrated balancer that will shut off the charge cycle if a cell gets way out of whack. Much safer this way!
    I make tap adapters and power harnesses.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughes500Bob
    http://www.okhobby.hk/product.php?id_product=1040

Complete charger with integrated balancer $19.99 about $27 shipped.
    Same exact unit as Accucel-6 from same factory.

Much nicer to have an integrated balancer that will shut off the charge cycle if a cell gets way out of whack. Much safer this way!
    thats awesome, i'd jump on that. except i already have the same charger. gonna need a power supply though. i ordered one from ebay for $10 shipped, just search 12v 5a . or if you have a cord pile, you may find one.

RC Qualifier
    Common Sense Balance Pro has a screen to read each cells voltage. That's the one I use.http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Voltage-Tester

RC Qualifier
    i also run the common sense rc one. i love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Not RTR
    Lets say I wanted a cheap balancer... is there one for under 10 bucks?
    You have just spent a fair amount of money on a charger and batteries, so why skimp when it comes to the balancer? Get the good stuff the first time... then you won't have to buy something else in the future.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle