RC Enthusiast

What the heck is taking so long?

Why is traxxas so slow about getting out these PE's? I have pre ordered mine from tower and it says "Mid Jan." I'm just tired of waiting, if I were in charge, I would have had both the RTR and the PE out before christmas. No excuses for slow shipping. All the other people like my LHS and Amain hobbies have them, why doesn't tower? Make enough PE's and have them ready to ship to everyone. Someone is dropping the ball, and quite frankly, I'm a little tired of waiting.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by copter58
    Why is traxxas so slow about getting out these PE's? I have pre ordered mine from tower and it says "Mid Jan." I'm just tired of waiting, if I were in charge, I would have had both the RTR and the PE out before christmas. No excuses for slow shipping. All the other people like my LHS and Amain hobbies have them, why doesn't tower? Make enough PE's and have them ready to ship to everyone. Someone is dropping the ball, and quite frankly, I'm a little tired of waiting.
    I think the PE was a result of popular demand once the RTR was set to come out. I don't think they had it planned. So, I think that might explain why it is taking so long for people to get them. Sorry to hear that. I pre-ordered mine the first day it was announced at Tower and received it on the 30th.

Well, when you do get yours be sure to check the screws... I had 3 already fall out!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Not RTR
    Well, when you do get yours be sure to check the screws... I had 3 already fall out!
    Was it just simple tightening issues or they vibrated loose?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by copter58
    Was it just simple tightening issues or they vibrated loose?
    I don't you tell me... one run for maybe 30 minutes and I was missing three screws. Maybe more but I only saw 3. Because of that one of the sway bar holders fell off but luckily I found it on the track.

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like you need to loctite all the metal on metal parts before running it. I ordered some of the metal parts of the bay and I will be loctiting them when they get here. sorry to hear about the wait copter58, I bought a RTR so I got mine pretty quick, but picking parts to upgrade mine to a PE (Aluminum hubs all around and swaybars) cost me far more than if I would have just added a new M11 RX to the list. Live and learn I guess. I am still thinking of adding a PE to the stable later, just to keep boxed to use or sell if they ever stop selling them.
    "Obedience alone gives the right to command."

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierra 008
    Sounds like you need to loctite all the metal on metal parts before running it. I ordered some of the metal parts of the bay and I will be loctiting them when they get here. sorry to hear about the wait copter58, I bought a RTR so I got mine pretty quick, but picking parts to upgrade mine to a PE (Aluminum hubs all around and swaybars) cost me far more than if I would have just added a new M11 RX to the list. Live and learn I guess. I am still thinking of adding a PE to the stable later, just to keep boxed to use or sell if they ever stop selling them.
    Good call Sierra, I will just go through all the metal on metal screws and loctite them and get to know her before I put her on the track. I'm sure it's worth the wait. I have a spektrum dx3.0 so that was the main decision for me between the RTR and the PE, plus I do race, so I like the increased durability and I wanted to paint my own body. But nonetheless, the Slash 4x4 is BA! Thanks for the input guys! Calms me down a bit!

RC Qualifier
    I think it is a problem with tower to be honest with you.. I ordered a PE from Amain and i got it in a week, shipped to Canada along with my GF's RTR.

had no problems finding stock, or anything, didnt even pre-order it

RC Qualifier
    I happened to see one behind the register waiting for some lucky person at my LHS yesterday... so they are out there!!! They do exist!!!
    Ur wife called. She said buy anything U want!

RC Qualifier
    Your telling me man. I ordered a Mamba Max Pro w/5700kV early december for christmas and guess what happened. They shipped me a regular mamba w/5700kV, so I sent it back like the 19th. My pro is still not here, 20 days later.