RC Competitor

New to the forum + questions

Hello all,

I'm a newbie to the Traxxas forums and back into RC after a long hiatus. (last car was an RC-10, which I still have).

Anyway, I just picked up my new Slash 4x4 Jerry Welchel edition. I can't believe how far things have advanced! The brushless system is amazing and the pre-dialed electronic speed control is awesome. I remember what a pain in the butt my Novak was back in the day. So I had a couple basic questions:

SET-UP? Is there anything I should do right out of the box? Spring rates, Oil weights, diff adjustments, shock position, etc?

Also, I noticed when the car is off and I'm free-wheeling the wheels in my hand, when I spin the rear wheels they barely move the front. However, when spinning the front wheels they easily rotate the rears. I'm guessing this is just the diff and how it works on 4 wheel drive? (My first 4x4 as well)

Anyway, any suggestions or comments are appreciated. Thanks a lot!

RC Qualifier
    yes, the spinning is completly normal
    Paul
    Slash 4x4

RC Racer
    Actually, the front differential has a greater viscosity inside the diff than the rear, so that is the resultant effect. The diffs on the 4x4 can be filled with whatever silicone fluid viscosity you want, in order to tune the handling.

RC Competitor
    Cool. Thanks for the info guys!