RC Enthusiast

Waiting for parts!!!

Hey guys, im new here and just purchased a new slash 4x4 after christmas. I'm 32 and still a kid and this is my first real rc truck. Got the rtr and 3 cell 4000 11.1 venom LiPo and took it to my local air strip and let her eat. Rolled it several times and didnt hurt anything but then I lost sight of it and hit a road sign with the right front as I was slowing down. So here is my part list, RF bell crank snapped, bent turnbuckle, bent shock rod, broke a-arm ( suspension arm) completely off, and front shock tower broke on right side. I straightened the turnbuckle but had to order all of the other parts and now the wait is on.

The truck is awesome and took some pretty good bashing but a metal road sign at half throttle slowing down is pretty obvious for some broken parts, luckily thats all thats broke. I ordered the parts on monday and went ahead and ordered the big bore shocks while I was at it. All the parts are on backorder and the only thing that has came in is the big bore shocks. I cant wait to get this thing back together and get some practice in. They had the truck on the shelf and told me it was a new model but I didnt know it was that new. That was my first trip to a hobby shop and now I cant stay out. Got a blade msr heli to keep me occupied until the parts finally get here.

Any how, this seems like a pretty cool board and I think I can learn a lot here, so thanks for all the great info and be safe!

P.S. How long are new parts usually on backorder?

RC Champion
    Hopefully not too long. I broke part 6888 this evening. Can't find 6888x which is the steel part. I might be 2wd until I can find one.
    ****** out Rustler
    Slash 4x4 gettin' close

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by fisheydude
    Hopefully not too long. I broke part 6888 this evening. Can't find 6888x which is the steel part. I might be 2wd until I can find one.

seen a few of those break now Theres a mod out there somewhere for a temp repair
    Welcome to Traxxas.com Yes, EVERYONE here IS a Pro Racer.... [/sarcasm]

RC Qualifier
    I put on the RPM arms and they fit great.I also used the STRC pins to replace the screw in pins on the outer ends.The center diff on mine came with the optional 6888 steel coupler.