RC Qualifier

Is the MMM a good idea?

I am looking into getting the 2650kv MMM, but should I?

My PE is super fast with the 18t pinion and 3s, almost too fast...lol

I am going to put 2.8 imex tires on it.

I am considering the MMM to keep the temps under control with the big tires and 3s lipo.

What pinion do you think I would need to use with the MMM?

3s with the MMM would actually be slower than the vilineon, so I would maybe try to go with a 20t pinion or 4s lipo.
    Break it, so you can upgrade it!

RC Qualifier
    its only gonna be faster if youre running 4s or more. beyond that, you'll rarely go 3/4 throttle
    Paul
    Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    I'm going to install the 2650kv for temp reasons. I want to be able to drive like a pig and not have to worry about it too much.

RC Champion
    the MM is more than enough. There are far better combos out there, but people are stuck on the MMM for some reason. I guess the extra 2lbs of battery and motor weight are too tempting....

RC Qualifier
    Please share the secret of the far better combo.

RC Racer
    I'm going to use a Sidewinder and this motor:

http://www.*********.com/*********/s...idProduct=6676

That's also using big tires. I'll just be running 2s and 3s, I think it will be PLENTY of power.

RC Qualifier
    I am just worrying about temps. My motor gets hot on 3s.

RC Racer
    I ran mine for about 25-30 minutes on a track with 3S today and when I checked the temp it was at 207!!!!

The thing was crazy fast too! I could clear a 12ft triple with a tap of about half throttle. Full throttle and it would of done 2-3 triples in a row! No more speed is necessary but if it keeps the temps down it might be worth it!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Not RTR
    I ran mine for about 25-30 minutes on a track with 3S today and when I checked the temp it was at 207!!!!

The thing was crazy fast too! I could clear a 12ft triple with a tap of about half throttle. Full throttle and it would of done 2-3 triples in a row! No more speed is necessary but if it keeps the temps down it might be worth it!

For the Ford guys, I'm swapping a 289 for a 351W. lol

I'm more worried about being able to gear down enough to race it on tight courses with the big tires. My new set up will need bigger pinions to be as fast as the stock motor/tires.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Not RTR

The good news is, 25-30 is equivalent to a heat race or two, and maybe the main at my track. For racing, that sounds fine.

RC Racer
    I'm going with the Neu-Castle 1512 1.5Y 1800kv motor along with the mm pro going to run it on 5s 3300 30c geared for around 40.It should be a cool running set up and only about 6 oz heaver than stock.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If you REALLy dont want to mess with temp, run the MMM or a similar setup, the mamba max with 5700kv will overheat, it overheated when me and my friend test ran it on our mini-revo on 3S for bashing or top speed .... i cant imagine on the slash 4x4

if i ever get a slash 4x4, the 2650kv is my first upgrade.
    World fastest E-revo 91.2mph / Revo 75mph
    ABmods

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottStaypuff
    For the Ford guys, I'm swapping a 289 for a 351W. lol

I'm more worried about being able to gear down enough to race it on tight courses with the big tires. My new set up will need bigger pinions to be as fast as the stock motor/tires.
    better wind that 289 up tight!

RC Qualifier
    what's temps are considered too hot for the VXL? I have a 3s ******* pack coming soon as my first lipo and i don't want to cook my slash.

what should the temps be around?
    Thunder SM, Predator SM, Slash 4x4, ERBE

RC Qualifier
    My motor was at 210 today after bashing for 15minutes! I was running the 18t pinion though. I will be changing to a 16t tomorrow to see if it keeps the temps down. I love running the 3s but maybe I need to stick with the 18t and 2s.

I have to make one of my 4x4's a MMM!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Over_revO
    If you REALLy dont want to mess with temp, run the MMM or a similar setup, the mamba max with 5700kv will overheat, it overheated when me and my friend test ran it on our mini-revo on 3S for bashing or top speed .... i cant imagine on the slash 4x4

if i ever get a slash 4x4, the 2650kv is my first upgrade.
    Whats up Mike? Haven't heard from you in a while, but haven't been in the ERBE forum lately either. I just put the 2650 in mine yesterday with a MMPro. I plan on running a 14t pinion on 3s. Hopefully I will be OK with the MMPro. Good to hear from you.
    Alvin
    HARDCORR RACING

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by slash_racer
    one of my 4x4's

You know some people haven't even got theirs yet. ahahah

2650kv would be insane on anything more than 4s.. think the center diff could handle it?
    Painting bodies good from far, but far from good

RC Qualifier
    I am going to do the 2650kv. I have 2 rtr's and a PE. So 1 will be a basher, the PE will be my racer, and my other rtr will be a true MONSTER...lol

RC Qualifier
    i just dropped my mmm & 2650 in my pe , you def wont regret it , only hard part is finding packs that fit , well atleast for me ...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    so... you don't need the mmm to run a lower kv motor.... just get a lower kv motor, and your temps will drop. Keep the velineon esc.

RC Champion
    Thats true. You would be fine with the 2650 and the VXL honestly. It all depends on what you wanna do. One of the old Lehner 4200s on 2s would be a stout set up for a track.

RC Qualifier
    I'm running the MMM 1800kv 1.5y for racing and IMO that's all you need anything else bigger is more than you need on a race track. Now for bashing that MMM 2650kv would be my first choice too. It depends what your doing with your 4x4 that is going to determine your setup.
    JESUS says: "Fix it B4 it Breaks!"

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by dan331
    better wind that 289 up tight!
    I'm not saying the 289 is bad but the 351W is usually a better match for 33" Swamper tires. lol