RC poster

4x4 Backslash help/info

OK, since I can never leave well enough alone... Have a spanking new 4x4 PE that has not even touched dirt yet but I am compelled to monkey with it. Wanted to turn it into a truggy so I ordered a Pro-Line RC8T Shift body that was great unless you actually wanted the suspension to articulate. So, scrapped that idea as well as a bran new but ruined body. Moving on to converting the PE to a BUGGY. Does ANYONE have any idea what 1/8 scale buggy bodies will fit this puppy? I do not want to just throw more money at the RC Gods but my LHSs have zero 1/8 buggy bodies in stock to try and dry fit. If anyone has any ideas- HELP! Oh yeah, if you also have any info on a workable wing mount....

The RC8 body fits well, not the electric one. The 8IGHT wing mount is the best fit without alot of modifications. The Traxxas wing will fit on if you slightly oval the holes.

RC Qualifier
    use it as a truck, or buy a different car
    Paul
    Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    Seattle slasher you are just a pleasant person, ay?

Keep your brash opinions to yourself...I just came from another thread where you simply had nothing positive to add to the conversation.

If i decide to buy a slash, strip it down, bleach it all white and dye it pink that is my prerogative. My truck, my time, my money. A lot of people (apparently not you) find creativity and customizing fun and a great way to show personal expression. Just because you like vanilla ice cream and black coffee does not mean the rest of us cannot enjoy rocky road and cappuccino!

If you have nothing positive to contribute, stop contributing...

Back to the original post.... I too am curious what 1/8 shocks fit. I am guessing some longer shocks (maybe truggy fronts) for the rear, and buggy fronts for the front?

measure the eye to eye on F/R shocks and maybe people can chime in with some 1/8 shock eye to eye info.

Also, with the shocks off how far down do the suspension arms go from where the shocks were at their furthest extension? Might be worth measuring these two points as well so we can gain as much travel as possible.

Obviously I dont have a slash 4x4 (yet...lol) have to sell a few other rc's before I front the cash for another truck. I do plan to add 1/8 shocks and selling the big bores once I get a PE.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by needapeed
    Seattle slasher you are just a pleasant person, ay?

Keep your brash opinions to yourself...I just came from another thread where you simply had nothing positive to add to the conversation.

If i decide to buy a slash, strip it down, bleach it all white and dye it pink that is my prerogative. My truck, my time, my money. A lot of people (apparently not you) find creativity and customizing fun and a great way to show personal expression. Just because you like vanilla ice cream and black coffee does not mean the rest of us cannot enjoy rocky road and cappuccino!

If you have nothing positive to contribute, stop contributing...

Back to the original post.... I too am curious what 1/8 shocks fit. I am guessing some longer shocks (maybe truggy fronts) for the rear, and buggy fronts for the front?

measure the eye to eye on F/R shocks and maybe people can chime in with some 1/8 shock eye to eye info.

Also, with the shocks off how far down do the suspension arms go from where the shocks were at their furthest extension? Might be worth measuring these two points as well so we can gain as much travel as possible.

Obviously I dont have a slash 4x4 (yet...lol) have to sell a few other rc's before I front the cash for another truck. I do plan to add 1/8 shocks and selling the big bores once I get a PE.
    AMEN! I've been looking at my 4x4 too wondering how can I change it to a BackSlash and although I can cut the f/r bumpers for this project the wingmount is a whole other story. As for the shocks I did put on my spare 8ight shocks on my 4x4 and will have to continue playing with this setup to see how it handles. As for the body I think my 2x4 BackSlash body fits fine but would need a new one to cut the back of the body longer this time.
    JESUS says: "Fix it B4 it Breaks!"

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by majestic
    The RC8 body fits well, not the electric one. The 8IGHT wing mount is the best fit without alot of modifications. The Traxxas wing will fit on if you slightly oval the holes.
    have you tried the body and wing mount yet? im interested in this too.
    Wide Rustler | "Bulldog" Backslash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    or you could just get a buggy and use the slash as intended..... im a very pleasent person as you can telll3
    Paul
    Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    I'd rather not spend $500 on a race buggy just for the looks :
    and can changing a body really hurt? its not like its gonna affect how or when or where i use the thing. if anything it'll solve my one major issue with the truck by keeping rocks out of the chassis. jeez its stormy in seattle...
    Wide Rustler | "Bulldog" Backslash 4x4

RC Champion
    lol im a chicago native flying out to portland/seattle in about 3 hours (ironic? I THINK SO!) I am used to putting up with an average 5 degree winter temp with plenty of snow. I guess I will see how the overcast/rain is for the winter in seattle. Hope I dont come back angry

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleSlasher
    or you could just get a buggy and use the slash as intended..... im a very pleasent person as you can telll3
    To see why this is IRONIC, see this thread-starter post.

RC Qualifier
    Merlin I am not going to be ANY help but wanted to tag this to read...

I JUST completed a 2wd Backslash and while I havent had the opportunity to drive it yet its amazing... and was a fun build...

One suggestion when you go for the 1/8 wheel adaptors is go with the AKA fronts... I noticed once I put them on my 4x4 that the stance is nice and wider... that with some decent tires should make for a REALLY fun 4x4 Backslash...

Good luck with the build!
    The Bashing Grounds
    Ross M.
    5-Pointer!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl
    To see why this is IRONIC, see this thread-starter post.

its very ironic, thanks for pointin that out. i hate buggies. thats just me. it just so happens that i want on road tires so i dont rip up my offroad tires. every other week im at my dads and there is no dirt for miles.
    so get of my back annoying marshal
    Paul
    Slash 4x4

RC Enthusiast
    I too have been wanting to make a 4x4 Backslash. I even bought the tires and rims before i have the truck!lol but i really want to see or make one

RC Qualifier
    im pretty sure the losi 8eight buggy shocks work , do a search for slash with those shocks im pretty sure some people have used them with great results. Cant wait to see this thing when its done - goodluck

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleSlasher
    its very ironic, thanks for pointin that out. i hate buggies. thats just me. it just so happens that i want on road tires so i dont rip up my offroad tires. every other week im at my dads and there is no dirt for miles.
    so get of my back annoying marshal
    Touchy!

I would like to see this 4buggy4 in action also. Check out the rims and tires jang uses on his \slash. They set up with a nice wide offset.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???