Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: PE Mods!

  1. #1
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    521

    PE Mods!

    Well I got my PE on Monday and started the mods by Tuesday. This is what I got so far by last night. I still plan on more but will concentrate first on seeing if this setup is good b4 I clean up wires and other miscellaneous. Also, I need to play with this shock setup too b4 I can give any opinions. But keep checking in...

    HiTec 7940TH
    HotRacing Servo Arm
    MMM 1800kv 1.5y
    Losi 8ight Shocks
    Fioroni Shock Caps
    ProLine BowTie
    Center Diff
    FLM Aluminum Inner Diff Cups
    Extended Battery Strap
    Enerland 4s 6000mah 25c/50c

    Here's a couple of pics:
    http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/x...acer/RC002.jpg
    http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/x...acer/RC005.jpg
    http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/x...acer/RC006.jpg
    Let me know what you think?
    Edited for image size. Please keep all images at or below 640 x 480 pixels. -cooleo
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-07-2010 at 04:12 PM.
    JESUS says: "Fix it B4 it Breaks!"

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Clinton Township, NJ
    Posts
    365
    Let us know how the Losi shocks work. Might be a nice alternative.
    Marbeth Racing

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Clinton Township, NJ
    Posts
    365
    Also why switch out the stock servo? For racing I would think it has plenty of torque to turn this Slash.
    Marbeth Racing

  4. #4
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    97
    Some people have entirely too much money... I'm jealous. Quit with the mods and go do some video with that MMM and 4S. I wannna see that baby boogie.

  5. #5
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. RC-Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bellevue, WA.
    Posts
    3,850
    I like the new location for the waterproof Rx box.... Cool!
    Slash PE & Ja-two.

  6. #6
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. hoovdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    5,639
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdomracer

    HiTec 7940TH
    I think you'll love that servo. I purchased a couple this past fall and have been real happy. Speed is incredible and running them with a standalone BEC is even better.

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by spikeitaudi
    Also why switch out the stock servo? For racing I would think it has plenty of torque to turn this Slash.
    I thought the same till I tried just one HiTec 7950TH in my E-REVO, it's like night/day difference. Now for bashing the stock servo is plenty but not as fast as the HiTec 7940TH which is more suitable for racing. It depends on what your doing with your car that should determine how you mod it.
    JESUS says: "Fix it B4 it Breaks!"

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Crazy
    I like the new location for the waterproof Rx box.... Cool!
    Just know that with the new receiver box the servo screws will hold it up a little which could benefit from a spacer between the chassis and receiver box. Also, the transponder location now has to be moved, not a huge problem for racers
    Last edited by KingdomRacer; 01-07-2010 at 12:34 PM.
    JESUS says: "Fix it B4 it Breaks!"

  9. #9
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    331
    Please keep us posted on those Losi shocks. I am also thinking about doing that but want to see it before I drop the money for them. Any modification to get them to fit or just straight bolt up? What model is that RX box? Great looking truck.

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.bjm
    Please keep us posted on those Losi shocks. I am also thinking about doing that but want to see it before I drop the money for them. Any modification to get them to fit or just straight bolt up? What model is that RX box? Great looking truck.
    Receiver box is TRA3628
    I had to put a 4mm spacer between the shocks and tower for the front and the rears didn't need it. Remember guys this is my mod and will need serious testing b4 I can recommend this setup
    And thank you for the compliment!
    JESUS says: "Fix it B4 it Breaks!"

  11. #11
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    331
    Thank you. On the shocks did you use 4 rear shocks, 4 fronts, or 2 front 2 rear?

  12. #12
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,226
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdomracer
    Well I got my PE on Monday and started the mods by Tuesday. This is what I got so far by last night. I still plan on more but will concentrate first on seeing if this setup is good b4 I clean up wires and other miscellaneous. Also, I need to play with this shock setup too b4 I can give any opinions. But keep checking in...

    HiTec 7940TH
    HotRacing Servo Arm
    MMM 1800kv 1.5y
    Losi 8ight Shocks
    Fioroni Shock Caps
    ProLine BowTie
    Center Diff
    FLM Aluminum Inner Diff Cups
    Extended Battery Strap
    Enerland 4s 6000mah 25c/50c

    Here's a couple of pics:
    http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/x...acer/RC002.jpg
    http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/x...acer/RC005.jpg
    http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/x...acer/RC006.jpg
    Let me know what you think?
    Edited for image size. Please keep all images at or below 640 x 480 pixels. -cooleo

    I think that's pretty BA looking.. and I think we need to race? Live anywhere near NY

    We look very similar!
    I love you MAN! Need a hug?

  13. #13
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    653
    looks great man
    Paul
    Slash 4x4

  14. #14
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.bjm
    Thank you. On the shocks did you use 4 rear shocks, 4 fronts, or 2 front 2 rear?
    2 front/2 rear
    JESUS says: "Fix it B4 it Breaks!"

  15. #15
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by 8ight-e
    I think that's pretty BA looking.. and I think we need to race? Live anywhere near NY

    We look very similar!
    I actually do and used to live in NY 2 years ago we should arrange a race session for sure
    JESUS says: "Fix it B4 it Breaks!"

  16. #16
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    521
    Well I'm back for results on those LOSI shocks and I was not happy with the results and switched over to a pair of INTEGY piggybacks that were for a ERBE bling project and threw JATO springs on them and I'm happy with this setup way more than with the LOSI. WIth the LOSI shocks I lost a lot of handling and was much easier to roll in a corner. I want to use my GTR shocks but will need a mod for the shaft to make the rears the same length as the stock PE shocks. I was able to acheive this with the INTEGY by using JATO rod ends being that the INTEGY shock shafts are 4mm. This fix won't work for the GTR because their shock shafts are only 3mm. Does anyone know of longer rod ends like the JATO rod ends which byt the way are the same on all the SLASH and RUSTLER to have a 3mm opening instead?
    JESUS says: "Fix it B4 it Breaks!"

  17. #17
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NewYork
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by 8ight-e
    I think that's pretty BA looking.. and I think we need to race? Live anywhere near NY

    We look very similar!


    Im in NY on LongIsland , have a mmm slash , im down to race sometime . Where in ny are you located?

  18. #18
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,038
    Quote Originally Posted by 8ight-e
    I think that's pretty BA looking.. and I think we need to race? Live anywhere near NY

    We look very similar!
    Looks good budy!
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

  19. #19
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Rotten Apple
    Posts
    874
    Quote Originally Posted by justpassedu
    Im in NY on LongIsland , have a mmm slash , im down to race sometime . Where in ny are you located?
    Im near YA PM Me I just put these shocks on they are actually really good almost too good as now I flip in turns instead of sliding
    http://www.prolineracing.com/product...nt-484-68.html
    havnt failed I just found 1000 ways that wont work

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •