RC Competitor

so i sending back my vxl

so i tried to run my slash with my thunder power 3300 25c 3cell and soon as i pulled the trigger it went about 10ft and lvc kicked in[ have same problem with rusty] so i used the pack in my 2+4 slash which has a mm5700 setup and ran for at least10+ min no problems. im just upset i have to send it back, i guess im just venting but to all that have this problem will understand

Edited for Language
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-06-2010 at 08:18 PM.

RC Champion
    curious what your MM 5700 is geared in the 2wd Slash, and what temps?
    Welcome to Traxxas.com Yes, EVERYONE here IS a Pro Racer.... [/sarcasm]

RC Champion
    buy a lvc or alarm

RC Competitor
    Is the LVC a universal problem with all Slash's or some percentage of bad apples?

Nathan

RC Qualifier
    the one time i had lvc problems i lost $300 in batteries...
    Paul
    Slash 4x4

[so i tried to run my slash with my thunder power 3300 25c 3cell and soon as i pulled the trigger it went about 10ft and lvc kicked in[ have same problem with rusty] so i used the pack in my 2+4 slash which has a mm5700 setup and ran for at least10+ min no problems. im just upset i have to send it back, i guess im just venting but to all that have this problem will understand

Please remember this may not be an ESC issue, Your battery is only capable of 82.5 continous amps. The VXL system requires a minimum of 80amp continous so even in ideal condition your battery is only is able to meet the minimum. If your battery is not balanced, fully charged or if the pack has seen high use it will not be able to power the ESC correctly.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by liv4rc
    [so i tried to run my slash with my thunder power 3300 25c 3cell and soon as i pulled the trigger it went about 10ft and lvc kicked in[ have same problem with rusty] so i used the pack in my 2+4 slash which has a mm5700 setup and ran for at least10+ min no problems. im just upset i have to send it back, i guess im just venting but to all that have this problem will understand

Please remember this may not be an ESC issue, Your battery is only capable of 82.5 continous amps. The VXL system requires a minimum of 80amp continous so even in ideal condition your battery is only is able to meet the minimum. If your battery is not balanced, fully charged or if the pack has seen high use it will not be able to power the ESC correctly.

I don't believe this is correct although I would borrow a 2nd pack to test anyways. I have a VXL speedo in another BL setup and it tends to be finicky sometimes as well. Have to turn it on/off a couple times to get it to work but finally does. The 80A rating of VXL is max it can handle before overheating, the motor determines the current needed from battery. And I don't believe a stock slash 4x4 setup would need anywhere near 80A continous current.
    Last edited by caseymou; 01-07-2010 at 11:30 AM.

The 80amps is the minimum a battery must be able to supply in order to keep from tripping the LVC. Traxxas has always stated the VXL system requires lipo batteries that are capable of delivering 80A continous in order to operate properly. Not sure where you got the 80amp /overheating info.The VXL is capable of 320A Peak and 200A continious. You may want to call Cust. Service and they will clear up any confusion.
    Last edited by liv4rc; 01-07-2010 at 05:18 PM.

RC Competitor
    then how come i can run the pack in my mm setup with no problem? imean i took the pack from my vxl setup and then i put it in the castle set up with no problem

Hard to answer not knowing the specs of the Mamba system you are using(what is the minimum amps needed etc..). I am not discounting the fact there maybe an ESC issue, I am simply stating batteries are an important part of the complete sytem that get forgotten about often.

RC Qualifier
    I had a VXL that lost its LVC. It would run for a few minutes and they cut off. It ran fine in NIMH mode though so I just ran it that way until it died. when I noticed that the speed dropped, it was time to stop before killing my lipo.

I read of plenty other people having the same issue. Its a good ESC to bash but that's about it. That's why I sold the one out of mt 4x4 for a MM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by liv4rc
    The 80amps is the minimum a battery must be able to supply in order to keep from tripping the LVC. Traxxas has always stated the VXL system requires lipo batteries that are capable of delivering 80A continous in order to operate properly. Not sure where you got the 80amp /overheating info.The VXL is capable of 320A Peak and 200A continious. You may want to call Cust. Service and they will clear up any confusion.
    You seem pretty confident of the 80A requirement, but I've never heard of that either. I just checked
    http://www.traxxas.com/products/acce...NST_070706.pdf
    Do you have a ref to share pls ?

The LVC checks voltage, so if the demand from the motor hasn't tripped that low voltage on the pack, where would the 80A requirement come from ? I think the peak for the vxl motor is 100amps.
    Last edited by vashon10; 01-08-2010 at 09:16 PM.
    ------
    hmmm, I've never seen it spelled that way.