RC poster

To buy or not to buy?

Hi There!
    been running my ezrun powered 2wd Slash for around a year now and it has definately become my favourite runner. But 12 months of abuse has taken it's toll on the old girl and it's time to move on, Got 2 choices the way I see it, 1) buy another 2wd and add a new ezrun (already have) which will cost me around 170gbp or 2) buy a 4wd which will set me back 300gbp.
    So what i'm asking is, those of you who have changed from the 2wd to the 4wd, is it worth the upgrade, and how does it compare speed/handling wise, is it worth the extra? I want to try and make an informed choice as I recently bought an SC10 as well but I don't really like that at all, so don't want to make another expensive mistake. Your thoughts would be appreciated,

Cheers Andy
    How hard can it be??

RC Qualifier
    I would say it is SO worth it to get the 4x4!

I drove my 2wd today for the first time since getting my 4x4...I ran it for 5 minutes and had to go back to my 4x4!

The 4x4 is way more fun...IMO
    Break it, so you can upgrade it!

RC Qualifier
    Yes deff worth the 4x4 I love my 2x4 esplecially with padles on the rear and skis on the front but the 4x4 Handles so much better and does't have the stupid rear bumper mount that the 2x4 has that is always popping off the tranny catching grass lol.
    You're not too old if you're still having fun!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by slash_racer
    I would say it is SO worth it to get the 4x4!

I drove my 2wd today for the first time since getting my 4x4...I ran it for 5 minutes and had to go back to my 4x4!

The 4x4 is way more fun...IMO

I did this the other day too. I was half way around the track with the old Slash and I was already wanting my 4 x 4. Needless to say, the old Slash only did one lap.

BTW...just curious...what don't you like about the SC10?
    ERBE,EMBE,Emaxx,(3)Slash 4x4,Summit,Summit 1/16

RC Qualifier
    4x4 handles better , much better traction on all surfaces due to the 4wd system. Great esc & motor right out of the box compared to a 2wd slash , although the ezrun esc prob is a little better bc you can tune it. Id say get it and sell your slash 2wd and pop your ezrun esc in the 4x4 with the vxl motor and it should be great. Then you can sell the vxl esc and your 2wd slash and have some money to compensate.

RC poster
    Thanks for the feedback guys, looks like the wallet may be taking a bashing soon! The reason I don't especially like the SC10 is it just seem too fragile compared to the slash, plus there is no kind of build in weather proofing which is sooo important for all year round uk running. I just know buy looking at it that it won't take the same punishment as the Slash. I'm not a racer so the Slash suits me best, possibly the SC10 will handle better but will be waiting til things dry out here, or may sell and put the money towards a 4x4.
    How hard can it be??

I would go for the 4X4. It is a awsome truck even for a Traxxas. I have a SC8E and a buddy of mine just got on of those 4X4 Slash and that thing is great. Handles a lot better than the 2wd and jumps great. It is a lot lighter than my 1/8th scale but it is a nice truck and seems durable too.
    AE is the BEST

NITROCARNAGE.COM

RC Qualifier
    Definately go with the 4X4, I have both and while the 2WD is awesome in its own right, the 4X4 is all of that and more! There is nothing compared to it, unless you are getting waxed by an SC8E (Thanks for the driving lesson Freightshaker and the tireprints on my roof!) Drop the cash on the 4X4 and you will not be disappointed.
    "Obedience alone gives the right to command."

LOL yea well you said you wanted a new shell for it anyway. Just helping the cause. But on a serious note. the 4X4 slash is the way to go for a 1/10th scale short corse truck. Now if you ever want to step up with the men buy a 1/8 scale AE. Sorry had to throw that in there.
    AE is the BEST

NITROCARNAGE.COM

RC poster
    I think you've convinced me! Probably going to Sell the SC10, Keep the 2wd and buy a 4x4, The SC8 is an awesome looking truck but we all run 1/10 so will have to pass on that for now. Thanks again for the feedback. Andy
    How hard can it be??

RC poster
    Decision made! Mark Jenkins Ed on order, SC10 in the Tamiya Club trades, 2wd ready for a steady retirement. Thanks again Andy
    How hard can it be??

RC Racer
    My friend has a SC8e, I'll have my 4x4 PE home next week. It will be interresting to see how they compare.
    Size isn't that much difference, the SC8e is just a few cm longer, but SC8e would be twice the weight?

Also, 4x4 uses cheaper 1/10 electronics, you don't need 4S+ so the batterys is cheaper too.

I kind of doubt the SC8e is capable of the pounding the 2WD slash could take. I think we have left to see if the 4x4 can.
    Slash 4x4 PE
    Summit