RC Enthusiast

Question Slash 4x4 set up sheets

I finally drove the 4x4 yesterday and I have to say that it is very awsome. I do have a few questions for everyone. Is their a set-up sheet yet. If so could you send a link I cannot find it. Also if their is any suggestions on shock fluid end diff fluids and adjustments for the suspension all would be greatlt appriciated. Thanks in advance.

RC Qualifier
    I don't know of one yet.

I changed my Shock oil to 50w and installed the 3 hole pistons. I also moved the shocks to the furthest hole out, and added a large spacer on all shocks. I also added a little bit of red threadlocker to the shock caps. I have done this to my other slash trucks and it helps the shock caps to stay in place...helps not prevents. I did this all to my race 4x4, to my basher I did the shock oil and pistons the same but moved them all the way in. This allowing me to get more ground clearance and better big air landings.

Hope someone gets a set-up sheet together soon...please.

RC Champion
    RED!?!? I hope you have tthe RTR plastic shocks, cause that Red TL is not gonna be fun to remove from aluminum!
    Welcome to Traxxas.com Yes, EVERYONE here IS a Pro Racer.... [/sarcasm]

RC Qualifier
    Check out Tim Roberts setup discussion on the Revo World Forum for the 4x4:

http://www.revo-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5996

"I don't have a lot of time on the track yet, but here's what's worked well the last two times out.

Diffs 30k-100k-7k, or 30k-slipper-grease
    Shocks 60wt front, 50wt rear, both in senod hole out on arm (stock front, in one on rear), middle hole on tower.
    Aluminum rear axle carriers with 1.5 degrees extra toe-in.
    1 degree camber all around
    2s Lipo with stock gearing or +1 tooth on bigger tracks
    Silver swaybars, flush links in rear and 5mm wire showing past the front links.
    I REALLY recommend good tires, up to your track's restrictions. The best tire Traxxas makes is the S1 original slash tire.

I'm still testing and trying to make the truck faster and easier to drive. As I come up with new results I'll be sure to let you all know."
    It is not a TOY!

RC Qualifier
    I already ordered the bigbores-I don't have the truck yet, but I always seem to have a hard time keeping heavier oil contained under the shock cap in the ultra shocks. I tried teflon tape (plumbers tape) before, and it helped a bit, but over an extreme jump, they would still pop off.
    ERBE ~ Rusty VXL ~ Pede VXL ~ 2 Slash 4X4's

RC poster
    aggie, I have the PE and posted a handling question (Slash 4x4 PE Handling). That thing drove like it was on ice! I like your suggestions and will give them a try. I hope they help but will let you know....as soon as I get my new axles
    One question, the testing you did...was that on dirt?
    Let me know how your testing goes!
    Thanks
    Last edited by Porkchop67; 01-05-2010 at 09:53 PM.
    Go big or go home!
    Slash 2wd, Bandit VXL, 4x4 PE

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for all of the information. I have up the shock fluid to 60wt in the front and 50wt in the rear and I have also moved the rear shock out one hole in the rear. I use the stock tires and it seems to handle fairly well. I am in the proccess now of changing the diff fluids. I have had good trackion with the stock tires so far but I am in the process of changing them over to the 1/8 scale buggy wheels. The adaptors work for the 4x4 and I have seen 1 other run them.

RC Qualifier
    There is a setup sheet on the back page of the owners manuel. One has the stock settings on it, and one is blank.
    Been there, broken that.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TrpleD
    There is a setup sheet on the back page of the owners manuel. One has the stock settings on it, and one is blank.
    good to know... I guess that means I SHOULD have read MY manual...LOL
    The Bashing Grounds
    Ross M.
    5-Pointer!

RC Qualifier
    Oops my bad The stock and blank setup sheets are in the back of the PE supplement manual. I can post some pictures if anyone with the RTR wants them.
    Been there, broken that.

RC Qualifier
    Here is the blank PE Set-Up Sheet in pdf form for those who want it.
    It is not a TOY!

RC Racer
    I am sure that there will be a Pit Pass coming up soon for the Slash 4X4. Just keep an eye out.
    I am an R/C ADDICT!!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie rustler
    Here is the blank PE Set-Up Sheet in pdf form for those who want it.
    Cool, Thanks for posting!
    ERBE,EMBE,Emaxx,(3)Slash 4x4,Summit,Summit 1/16

RC Enthusiast
    THANKS for the BLANK setup sheet...

RC Qualifier
    Hey guys...if you are like me you got and downloaded Aggie Rustler's link to the PE Set-Up Sheet. BUT...being that I'm a perfectionist and also an artist and very handy with Photoshop...I was a bit dispondent about the quality of the document...obviously a bad scan.

So I cleaned it up and uploaded it to my server. Here it is for those of y'all who want it. Much easier to read, fills the page and quite a bit cleaner-looking.

ENJOY! Slash 4x4 Set-Up Sheet
    Paul Valenti

Slash 4X4 #25 (Mark Jenkins)

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by pvalenti
    Hey guys...if you are like me you got and downloaded Aggie Rustler's link to the PE Set-Up Sheet. BUT...being that I'm a perfectionist and also an artist and very handy with Photoshop...I was a bit dispondent about the quality of the document...obviously a bad scan.

So I cleaned it up and uploaded it to my server. Here it is for those of y'all who want it. Much easier to read, fills the page and quite a bit cleaner-looking.

ENJOY! Slash 4x4 Set-Up Sheet
    GOOD JOB & THANK YOU.......

RC Qualifier
    You are most welcome!
    Paul Valenti

RC Qualifier
    Well excuse me....... jk

I was planning on cleaning it up as well, just wanted to get it out there. Thanks.
    It is not a TOY!

RC Qualifier
    No problem...hope I didn't step on any 'toes'! It's sort of what I do (or used to) for a living. So it's not a big deal for me to clean it up.
    Paul Valenti

RC Qualifier
    Nah, you actually helped me in what I wanted to do. Using your version, I am currently turning it into a pdf form that can be filled out while on your computer then printed and/or saved.
    It is not a TOY!

RC Qualifier
    Do you need to have Adobe Acrobat Pro or something like it to be able to do something like that?

If not what program would be able to be used?
    Paul Valenti

RC Racer
    I cleaned one up too before PValenti posted his. Only diff is I toned down some of the black to a light grey and muted or removed some logos so I'd use less ink...... Call me cheap, and I rotated it one degree to the right to get it straight on the page. Sized to print on 8.5 x 11 paper

His may be a little sharper than mine but here's my cheapo ver. in jpg form if anyone wants it.
    Setup Sheet Jpeg_ Low Ink :

Thanks again to Aggie for making the setup sheet available.

RC Qualifier
    Yep, Adobe Acrobat Pro (I have v.9) ... about 1/2way done.
    It is not a TOY!

RC Qualifier
    Ok, got the form done. With the Adobe reader, anyone can fill out the form and print it out.

Slash 4x4 Setup Sheet Form

Only with Adobe Acrobat, can you save any values to a file.
    It is not a TOY!

RC Competitor
    thanks i was looking for this...... great work
    Revo2.5 (Mod 2 Slayer) MT2 G3.0, Creeper, Slash4x4