RC Enthusiast

summit 2s lipo 5000

i have a new summit with factory batteries,what type of improvement would i get if i put two venom 2s lipo 5000 in it, speed and run time,i have a 1/8 scale ofna buggy that i use 2 of the batteries in and it flys,but before i buy the lipo cutoffs i would like to no if it is worth doing,and one more thing can i try the lipos in it after a fresh charge just for a couple minutes without the lipo cutoff just to see how it runs ?????

You should get a longer run-time with more power.

If you only go for a few minutes, or stop running way before the batteries start to drop voltage you should be ok. The lvc just protects your batteries. Just do it at your own risk.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC Qualifier
    you will not get more power from the lipo's unless you have a high c rating with the 5000's as nimh's have more punce that the normal 20c rating lipo's. your runtimes will increase though.

RC Racer

Summit Tires

hi all, i am looking for opinions on what you all do to get the water out of the summit tires, and i want to get a 2nd set for the days that im not rock climbing.any set as laong as thier 14mm right will fit?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeGR
    hi all, i am looking for opinions on what you all do to get the water out of the summit tires, and i want to get a 2nd set for the days that im not rock climbing.any set as laong as thier 14mm right will fit?
    there's some high quality thread jacking if I even seen any, lol.

PS they are 17mm
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

RC Racer
    yes i am srry replyed to wrong post lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by egoneski
    you will not get more power from the lipo's unless you have a high c rating with the 5000's as nimh's have more punce that the normal 20c rating lipo's. your runtimes will increase though.
    I have trouble believing this. Any evidence to back these claims?
    2 ERBEs, Merv,Pede vxl & xl5, mmm/neu rustler

RC Qualifier
    Please just do a search of the forums, E-Revo mostly, there have been countless debates on which is better.
    [QUOTE=Corrijo]Welcome to the crazed family of summit owners.[/QUOTE]

RC Qualifier
    my 2cents (personal experience)
    Yes lipos will give you definate longer run times AND faster speed (more punch) then nimh. My son originally had a non traxxas vehicle which he always run with 10 minute nimh. Fun 1/10 sized truck with ok speed but I got tired of carrying around 3-4 packs of nimh batteries in my pocket just so we would have equal run times. (I have 20c 5000mah *****s), So one day I made a dean to tamiya wire adapter and hooked my lipo up to his truck, I had to cut holes and strap it into the truck bed to fit properly. When he ran it it was a night and day difference, it spun tires and even pulled off a small wheelie when he went from reverse to forward. That sucker could scoot also, still could not keep up with my summit but a very noticeable increase in speed, even the lights shown brighter. But alas it was not to be, because within 10 minutes the esc (in truth the circuit board) gave up the smoke due to the extra power and dad had to fork over the money to buy him a real r/c truck. So yes there is a great difference.