RC poster

Pivot Ball Cap Upgrades???

Hey guys, i recently got a 1/16th slash and i love the thing, only problem im having is the pivot ball caps suck (part #7033). They break all the time, is there any upgrade for this? Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    there is not an aftermarket cap that i know of. the hot racing carriers are the best replacement option either from thetoyz or liquidrc.

RC Qualifier
    x2 on the hr carriers. i have have them and they are great, make sure you get the newer ones with the o-ring on the retaining plug.

RC Qualifier
    ok...as everyone knows...i have the integy axle carriers...and of course...i stripped the pivot ball cap on one of them...question is...do they make a pivot ball cap that will fit the integy?...are they universal?...this thread is kinda old...but...for some reason...i can't find the thread where someone posted a pivot ball cap replacement...can someone link me the product?

RC Qualifier
    This one?

ERV021DC ist the part-no for GPM replacement caps, they are only $2.99. BUT i dont know if they fit Integy knuckles.

Talk about digging up the graveyard! lol

I am sure this question has been answered for you before... but my memory is not the greatest.
    Also, my memory is not the greatest.

Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    ****...so i was impatient and went out and bought the traxxas 7033X aluminum pivot ball cap...needless to say...it didn't work...it fits...but...it's not tight...u can wiggle the pivot ball around and there's a little play...not sure if that play is normal but shouldn't it be a snug fit?

thanks for the link...just bought a bunch of stuff from thetoyz too...i guess another order is due...

i've sunk so much money into this merv...it's not even funny...i'm in for over $600 already...and it's still not up and running...

Do you have them threaded in far enough?
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Are you running those on the integy carriers?

RC Qualifier
    there's a lip on the 7033x that prevents it from going all the way in...i've thought about just sanding off that lip but...dunno...seems like a lot of work...

and yea...i've got the stupid integy carriers...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If you are going to keep them it won't hurt. Do some grinding!