Thread: Hop-up parts

RC poster

Hop-up parts

I was curious what you recommend for a hop-up parts manufacturer for the tmaxx. I am looking for aluminum parts and good quality. Also what would be a good site for online ordering with good parts availability. So from what I have been reading, I should stay clear of integy parts. I usually do my online shopping with Great Hobbies out of Edmonton, but all they carry is integy. Any suggestions greatly appreciated, to cold to break in engine so I figure now is the perfect time to start upgrading.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by cgizen
    I was curious what you recommend for a hop-up parts manufacturer for the tmaxx. I am looking for aluminum parts and good quality. Also what would be a good site for online ordering with good parts availability. So from what I have been reading, I should stay clear of integy parts. I usually do my online shopping with Great Hobbies out of Edmonton, but all they carry is integy. Any suggestions greatly appreciated, to cold to break in engine so I figure now is the perfect time to start upgrading.
    Bulks: GA,UE,FLM,ACNCM if on a budget
    Towers: UE best and only 35$ for a set,FLM
    TMaxx,ERBE,WRX STI,300ZX TT,CBR600RR,TRX450R

RC Qualifier
    +1000 on FLM stuff they are great. I have their combo bulk diff housings and love them.
    Drive it, Break it, Upgrade it

RC Qualifier
    If your not looking to go aftermarket, you can buy the traxxas upgrades. They use high quality aluminium.
    T-Maxx 3.3 = 4yr old
    HPI RS4 = 3yr old

RC poster
    thanks for the replies, do you have any suggestions on online websites to shop from. When I was into helis most sites I shopped from were just heli stuff, so I am not to familiar with good sites for truck parts.

RC Racer
    ^try living in london hop up parts are very dificult to get,and ive only just got my money back off p/pal for the integy parts that never arrived.
    eoin

RC Qualifier
    traxxas ALU bulkheads are real nice.
    you must be fast, you were right behind me

I would say you have to be very careful about aluminum upgrades. Often you are better off buying some that are used if they are of high caliber like Unlimited Engineering and Dacemfg.

Yes Stay away fro Integy and RDLogics as they are aluminum alloy like 6061 T6 or 7075 T6 but are melted into castings and then cleaned up on the CNC. Cast aluminum is not consistant in strength. Basically a roll of the dice...

Well known quality aluminum and titanium parts?
    Unlimted Engineering
    Dace Mfg
    Fastlane Machine aka FLM
    Hardcore Racing
    New Era
    RC Raven
    ACNCM

Trick is what to upgrade to aluminum and what to leave plastic IMHO....

Got my TMAXX down to 9.6 lbs and seriously upgraded/Hop Ups....
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC Competitor
    You can pick up ACNCM bulks for 50$ shipped for front and rear.http://cgi.ebay.com/T-E-Maxx-3-3-2-5...item53de924205
    UE towers 35$.http://www.unlimitedengineering.com/...ore/10102.html
    Best aluminum parts I have bought for my maxx for the price.
    TMaxx,ERBE,WRX STI,300ZX TT,CBR600RR,TRX450R