I recently bought a stampede xl-5 (Brushless ready version ..#3605) and have been having a lot of fun while I am here in florida before I head back home to windy, snowy chicago.
Anyhow, I immediately bought a rpm front bumper and got some 2s 5000mah lipos including a cheap charger from ********* (accucel 6) I have a cellpro 10s back home which I use for heli batteries so for now it will work. I also have the wheelie bar installed.
I broke the steering block so I got some aluminum ones from traxxas as well as caster blocks and replaced the king pins since they were bent.
Here are some ideas for more upgrades and I am looking for some feedback. Please note that I have done some research on the forum here.
1) BIG BORE SHOCK SET WITH PROGRESSIVE SPRINGS ..part # 5682 ...one of the shocks is busted so I need to upgrade...another reason is..i have been flipping my pede a lot and based on the research people have suggested a stiffer spring set...
2) VELINEON BRUSHLESS POWER SYSTEM ...part # 3350 ...I want to get this before I head back to chicago ..I noticed that since I am running Lipos my motor gets hot fairly quickly..however when I am running the stock included nimh battery, it doesn't get that hot..regardless something I want to do..
3) I noticed that some people here have suggested that the difference between xl-5 and vxl is more than the brushless system. Is it true? and if so, what else do I need to upgrade?
4) I am also planning on getting the suspension tie bar, traxxas turnbuckles.
5) What other upgrades should i add?
6) Other than the shocks what else can be done to avoid the stampede to flip so much?