Thread: stripped screw

RC Qualifier

stripped screw

I am going to send back my motor but the screw on the pinion stripped how do I get it out?

RC Qualifier
    you could drill it out or ho to your local hardware store and get a set of easy outs. contact them and tell them that you cant remove it and they might get it out for you while they work on the motor.

RC Champion
    i have the same issue ive tried drilling it out but its still stuck in there
    RC RUNS IN MY BLOOD!

R
    E
    V
    O

RC Qualifier
    try putting wd 40 on the shaft and take a hammer's nail remover and pull it off

RC Qualifier
    i had a similar problem with a castle creations pinion. easy out'd it out. have also used the hammer method as well if the set screw wasn't cranked down.
    Piercings can and will get caught in antenna tubes

RC Enthusiast
    The 1.5mm allen screw for the pinion is the one size that I went out and bought a hardened quality wrench for. Don't underestimate the need for the good wrench to replace the kit supplied L shaped allen wrenches. It does suck getting a stripped pinion off.
    If you think RC is cool you should see my day job!

RC Qualifier
    well it has lock tite on it so its even harder. ill try drilling it tommorow

RC Qualifier
    and why would you use loctite?

x2 on getting a quality set of allen wrenches. i have a few r/c heli's and there are several kits that have all the sizes you need to work on your truck, some come with pliers and wire cutters. i got my set from xheli.com