RC Racer

really dumb question, new to electric

ok sorry for th dumbness of this but i want to upgrade motors. what is the dif between sy a 6000kv and a 9200 kv motor.
    its only money

RC Qualifier
    the only dumb questions are the ones that aren't asked!

this is my shorthand version. you can google it for more in depth explanations. it reflects how many rpms the motor can generate under load. Say you're using a 2s lipo with both motors. A 2s lipo will put out about 7 volts under load so.........

7volts x 6000kv = 49,000 RPM
    7volts x 9200kv = 64,400 RPM

Generally the higher KV you go the less torque the motor will produce but it will produce a higher rpm from a smaller current. So you usually see higher KV motor's in 1/10th scale and smaller. You will generally see lower KV motor's running in like monster trucks or 1/8 scale buggies, or planes with big props because of the the torque they can generate. That's my basic understanding of it. hope i didnt confuse you more.
    Last edited by hexitnow; 12-28-2009 at 04:42 PM.
    Piercings can and will get caught in antenna tubes

RC Racer
    thank you very much for the quick answer. thats kinda what i thought but you clarified it nicely thanks again.
    its only money

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by smashmbashm
    ok sorry for th dumbness of this but i want to upgrade motors. what is the dif between sy a 6000kv and a 9200 kv motor.
    being new to the electric scene what is it about the velineon 380 that you don't like that makes you want to "upgrade" ?

RC Qualifier
    From my experience the motor is pretty solid the esc works pretty good up to about 3s in parallel if you add more volts than that thats when it tends to get hot and go into thermal protection but I can live with that. If I were to upgrade anyting it would be the esc. I just keep my electronics stock run some 2200mah lipos and its pretty solid. Nothing wrong with upgrading though we all like to do it. Just my experiences others may have had different results

RC Racer
    i have upgraded to a quark esc (comp 80) i love it . but i do occas speed runs and the motor will only take so much so from what i read from you guys the neu motors work well.
    its only money

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by radicalray
    From my experience the motor is pretty solid the esc works pretty good up to about 3s in parallel if you add more volts than that thats when it tends to get hot and go into thermal protection but I can live with that. If I were to upgrade anyting it would be the esc. I just keep my electronics stock run some 2200mah lipos and its pretty solid. Nothing wrong with upgrading though we all like to do it. Just my experiences others may have had different results
    i agree, which is why i was wondering what about the v380 he doesn't like which is making him want to upgrade the motor. a new esc i can certainly understand, i'm not a fan of the vxl-3m, but being that it's waterproof and has proven so (to me anyway) it's the best bet (for now). i personally think the trucks as they are is close to the sweetspot between useable power and speed, for bashing, track racing, and all 'round use (this does not apply to speed freaks ).

i think before the motor can be upgraded (without blowing the truck to a pile of parts) there's prolly about $300 worth of drive/chassis/suspension upgrades to do first.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Core
    i agree, which is why i was wondering what about the v380 he doesn't like which is making him want to upgrade the motor. a new esc i can certainly understand, i'm not a fan of the vxl-3m, but being that it's waterproof and has proven so (to me anyway) it's the best bet (for now). i personally think the trucks as they are is close to the sweetspot between useable power and speed, for bashing, track racing, and all 'round use (this does not apply to speed freaks ).

i think before the motor can be upgraded (without blowing the truck to a pile of parts) there's prolly about $300 worth of drive/chassis/suspension upgrades to do first.
    there are videos of guys on the net doing 66+ in these all stock except for big block motor and they're not shredding anything. Why? Because they know how to use the throttle properly. Drive properly and you'll never break anything. But honestly what fun is that. Not to mention the mini revo can take a heck of alot of abuse.
    Last edited by hexitnow; 12-29-2009 at 05:17 PM.
    Piercings can and will get caught in antenna tubes

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by smashmbashm
    i have upgraded to a quark esc (comp 80) i love it . but i do occas speed runs and the motor will only take so much so from what i read from you guys the neu motors work well.
    Ok that makes sense upgraded the esc to handle more power now want more power. Power to the People. The Need for Speed

RC Champion
    isn't there a lrp esc that is waterproof and good for brushless/3s lipo why not try that or won't it work?
    My car learned how to fly then forgot the landing

RC Qualifier
    this one?

http://www.lrp.cc/en/products/electr...verse/details/

i think the stock motor is an 8 turn motor, so might not work with the LRP esc.

RC Qualifier
    i think THIS might be the one is the one he's referring to.