RC Racer

Series running with nimh's?

Hi guys i want more speed out of my mini revo but cant go lipo yet.Does anyone on here run theirs on nimhs in series?I know i have to fit the 23t pinion but is there any risks to it(apart from hitting a kurb)?I know i have to keep an eye on the temps and i will only be running it up and down outside?Thanks for any advice.

RC Qualifier
    i havent changed teh pinion and i am gettign plenty of speed i can be at 3/4ths throttle n just barely tap and it will wheelie the whole lot only advice is let the batts cool after they dotn cool good in the battery compart
    My Spelling Is Bad

My Moma Says Im Special

RC Champion
    Series Nimh's work fine with the speed pinion installed

Speed pinion actually makes the car slower than the stock pinion

It is designed to make the motor / esc run cooler

Cheers
    Slash Platinum
    SCT MMP / 2400kv

RC Racer
    Thanks for the reply's guy's.I will change the pinion as i dont want to blow anything up

RC Qualifier
    i run series stock batts IT IS INSANE!!!! im talkin back flips on demand wheelies from the tap of the trigger and most of all if u have a good slow throttle finger you can get this thing flying!!!!!!!! sooooo faast u must try it
    RC8BE/FLM EMBE/rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    Yeah Series with Nimh is insane , I managed to pop some backflips and even did a backflip and landed in whellie for about 10 feets before crashing :P
    This was with the speed pinion but bigger wheels ( Speed pinion gives more torque but less speed and bigger tires gives more speed but less torque ).
    Merv on LiPo 2s and 3s !!!

RC Qualifier
    The speed pinoin is really used to keep the motor from frying on straight runs ! while haveing it wired in series. to help keep the rpms down, how ever ! if your just bashing around you can still run the stock pinion just watch the temps !!!!! that way you will have some killer tourq
    IF YOU CANT FIX IT DONT BUY IT !