RC Racer

Bent motor shaft out of box.

Brand new out of the box. I took it out and started taking it apart to check it out and noticed it was bent. Didn't even put a battery in it yet. It's bent ever so slightly, but enough to make some nasty vibration noises at WOT.

My LHS owner was kinda mad that it came that way out of the box. I ended up just buying another VXL system and taking that motor out and putting it into the 4x4. I'll call traxxas tomorrow and see what they can do for me.

Edited for language abuse.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-27-2009 at 11:56 AM.

RC Competitor
    That is crazy... i have never seen a bent motor shaft out of the box. Sucks man... I am sure they will replace it. They are pretty cool about things like that.
    "Celebrate we will for life is short but sweet"

RC Competitor
    your lhs ower must not believe in customer service at all!!!!!!!!! any decent lhs would have swaped the motors for you knowing traxxas will stand behinde their stuff 100%. i would drive across town and go to a differt lhs befor i spent 1 more $ there! now you spent over $100 that you should not have had to do or iis the lhs going to let you return the vxl setup when your new motor from traxxas comes in?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by dan331
    your lhs ower must not believe in customer service at all!!!!!!!!! any decent lhs would have swaped the motors for you knowing traxxas will stand behinde their stuff 100%. i would drive across town and go to a differt lhs befor i spent 1 more $ there! now you spent over $100 that you should not have had to do or iis the lhs going to let you return the vxl setup when your new motor from traxxas comes in?
    He was going to give me the motor, but it was his last one in stock so i just decided to buy it anyway. I've always wanted a VXL for my 2wd slash, so i was kind of an excuse to get one. I didn't need the motor for that truck right now anyways seeing that i can only race with the 12t at his track and my XL5 was randomly turning off on me.

RC Competitor
    Yea... i agree with Dan... I sheared off the stub axle right out of the box yesterday and my LHS took there hosue truck apart to fix mine for free. They will follow up with Traxxas and get it taken care of while i am once again a very happy shopper!

RC poster
    Contact Traxxas directly, not your lhs. My original Slash had a broken part out of the box. One call to Traxxas and I had a replacement part at my door in two days.

Traxxas has the best customer service of any company with which I have dealt.

RC Competitor
    Fo' Sure!!!

RC Champion
    While its great to see some LHS going above and beyond the call of duty, it should not be their responsibility to fix any factory defects and if they do not, you should not be mad at them.
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dan331

How did you get that the LHS owner did not want to help him out. He said that the owner was mad that it came that way from Traxxas not that he was mad at him for coming back to the store with a factory defected part.

But factory defects happen and Traxxas will fix it.
    -----The iceage is over, embrace the voltage.-----

RC poster

Question

dang. That stinks. That is really unlike traxxas. But it probably happened in shipping.

RC Racer
    I'm guessing during assembly, someone dropped the motor, or even earlier than that, someone dropped the shaft before it was even put together. But looking at how it was bent, bit could have happened during the machining process when they were cutting the flat spot into the shaft.

RC Racer
    So i got the new replacement motor earlier this week and had been running it in my 2wd slash. I decided to take both motors out and give them a cleaning and noticed that the new one i got from traxxas doesn't have the same bearings and the "waterproof" VXL kit that i bought. The waterproof one has rubber sealed bearings, while the replacement motor from traxxas doesn't. Is this an older motor? They both look identical on the outside.