Thread: 2.4ghz question

RC Qualifier

2.4ghz question

i recently got a traxxas 2.4 ghz radio system. it works great and i love it.
    my question is what do u guys do with the receivers wire ? does it have to go in the plastic tubbing ? its a lot shorter so i thought about just putting it into a shorter tubbing and leaving it inside to give it a cleaner look. but would the body being over it would that interfere with the signal ? thanks
    Rustler VXL SPC Power
    4-tec 5700K MM SPC Power

RC Qualifier
    To get the best possible signal you should have the tip of the antenna at the highest it can go. laying inside the chassis will shorten the range a bit, just thread as much as you can in the antenna tube mount and cut the excess tubing, but make sure you leave a little extra tubing to protect the antenna in case of rollovers.
    Got LiPo?
    X-Ray XB8R w/Novak HV Pro 5.5

RC Qualifier
    I cut my antenna tube so the tube is just a little longer then the wire then cap it off I try to keep my antennas under the body so They dont get ripped off

RC Qualifier
    ok thanks guys
    Rustler VXL SPC Power
    4-tec 5700K MM SPC Power

RC Racer
    My antenna tube on my 5309 that came with the 2.4Ghz. is only about 4in or as tall as the roll hoop. The wire is out of the top of the tube about an 1/8 and folded over, then a rubber cap on it. "Stock from Traxxas"
    Thanks,
    Ernest M. Ellis ( REVO3.3 Addicted )

Most people use an antenna tube cut to length and keep the antenna under the lid.

Most 2.4 ghz systems can transmit and receive farther than you can see and control your RC.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous