I've been wanting to do this for a while now, and I finally have the time and money. I started off with a jato roller I bought here for $120.http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=500563
This arrived in perfect condition. I'm sure all of you know how to disassemble the Jato so I wont go through that. After taking it apart I put the stuff I didnt need aside.
Now ready to start,
I wanted to keep as much stock stuff as possible and not butcher up the chassis. I used a t4 motor mount and drilled the center out to 9/16 then shaved the stock tranny brace to still work.
After this I knew that I wanted the battery in the center and I wanted to keep the chassis mostly stock. So I used Saddlepack lipo batteries built for a b44 buggy and shaved a little off the gas tank mount so they would fit in there.
I then built a plate to put the other cell onto. Which will be where the speed control will sit when permanently mounted.
Everything came out clean and semi stock looking, waiting for the lipo to charge heres more pics.