RC Enthusiast

HELP!! Just broke right suspension Arm

Does anyone know if the 2WD truck has the same suspension arm or if they are different. Any help would be appreciated.

RC Qualifier
    look up the part number and reference it with the 2wd arm. if its the same part number then its the same arm

RC Competitor
    I am not sure if the 2x4 will fit length wise but the 4x4 arms are molded different so probaly not the same part number.
    Slash 4x4 RTR, CD, sway bars.

RC Enthusiast
    I know for sure its not the same part number but I was just wondering if someone had both and could compare to see if it might work for the meantime. It's going to be a couple weeks before we see the stock parts I think.

RC Enthusiast
    i beleive they are the same as the stampede and rustler. not sure what the x in the part number for the 4x4 slash means

RC Enthusiast
    So if I search for the same part number but just without the X then that would get me to the rustler or stampedes A arm that you think might work?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by slash4x4er
    So if I search for the same part number but just without the X then that would get me to the rustler or stampedes A arm that you think might work?
    I broke a front a-arm a couple of days ago and my research led me to the rear a-arms on the Stampede/Rustler. I took measurements of my broken 3655x and compared them to information I found on the 3655. Dimensions were identical. I ordered a set of RPM equivalents but they won't be here until next week. I feel it was too easy to break and I don't want to put a stock one back on there unless I have to.

If no one beats me to it, I will post my results when they arrive.

As far as I have seen, the difference is the shock mounting positions. The 4x4 has additional spots for shock adjustment.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by asheck
    As far as I have seen, the difference is the shock mounting positions. The 4x4 has additional spots for shock adjustment.
    If that is the only difference between the 3655 and 3655x I will be happy.

My bashing style doesn't require many different shock positions. Stiff is the word.

The Nitro Rustler rear arms are the ones you want. Most shops should have them on the parts wall.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by majestic
    The Nitro Rustler rear arms are the ones you want. Most shops should have them on the parts wall.

Thanks I'll give those a shot.

The nitro arms are different. Any part marked with an x, is interchangeable with the part that is not marked with an x. The x is just upgraded.
    _
    _

RC Competitor
    The nitro arms are different. Any part marked with an x, is interchangeable with the part that is not marked with an x. The x is just upgraded.

Well... the part is not "interchangable" in all cases. For instance, on the Slash the stock battery hold down bracket is a 5827 and a 5827x is the holder for the use of larger batteries. While the 5827x fits in the truck it is not the same as the 5827.

Well... the part is not "interchangable" in all cases. For instance, on the Slash the stock battery hold down bracket is a 5827 and a 5827x is the holder for the use of larger batteries. While the 5827x fits in the truck it is not the same as the 5827.
    The parts are interchangeable, but they are not identical. There is a difference. You can replace 5827, with 5827x and they both fit.
    _
    _

RC Competitor
    The parts are interchangeable, but they are not identical. There is a difference. You can replace 5827, with 5827x and they both fit.
    Sure it will fit but it wouldn't do the same job as the original part. Your stock battery would slide around unless you wedged something in there. I mean, that's how it looks to me as I don't own the 5827x yet.

I just wanted it to be clear that sometimes the "x" part is not simply "upgraded." Its different.

RC Qualifier
    This is correct

I just wanted it to be clear that sometimes the "x" part is not simply "upgraded." Its different.
    They are all different , or else they wouldn't need a little x to pronounce them as different interchangeable means they will bolt in the same place. In the case of the battery strap, it still does the same job, and fits in the same place, therefore it is interchangeable. However, it does not mean it will work the best for situation.
    _
    _

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Randopolis
    Sure it will fit but it wouldn't do the same job as the original part. Your stock battery would slide around unless you wedged something in there. I mean, that's how it looks to me as I don't own the 5827x yet.

The extended battery kit has multiple locations for the batter bar to fit, including one that would be the same location as the stock one. Nothing would slide around at all.

He is right, you are not.
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Randopolis
    If that is the only difference between the 3655 and 3655x I will be happy.

My bashing style doesn't require many different shock positions. Stiff is the word.
    it will work just make sure you have your grinder ready.
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=501575

RC Qualifier
    If the length is the same, a dremel will take care of the rest.

RC Competitor
    Looked at the other thread.. where someone actually did this.

Here is the RPM part that will kinda work - 80182 (Black) and 80185 (Blue)

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...ht=Rustler+ARM