Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Enthusiast

Red face Tower Hobbies : Why dont you have any in Yet?

I'am hearing about all these other LHS getting cars in ,but why not Tower?

RC Champion
    they already got round 1 shipped and are waiting for round 2 to come in

RC Champion
    i preordered on the 20h of oct from them and it hasnt been sent.
    rtr slash 4x4
    2s lipo
    some other rc stuff

RC Racer
    I think tower just has the pre-order set-up so they get a sale there are plenty of other places that have them in stock EG-
    https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c....pl?pn=TRX6808 also i think towers shipping is abit high compared with so other places as well...

RC Qualifier
    The local hobby stores get them first. Which i think is AWSOME. Support your local hobby guy that you like. It will also save you money down the line. And it will also cost you money down the line :>) Impulse purchases.
    havnt failed I just found 1000 ways that wont work

RC Racer
    It might just be because Tower is the largest online retailer and all their slots were filled even before you.. Where as a local hobby shop may only have 10 preorders to fill. You would think Traxxas would give a good percentage of the cars to Tower but who knows, maybe they got the same shipment as everyone else.

My last theory: I would imagine Tower employs a good number of people and maybe they all want the car as well. Thus, all our preorders are being given to the employees.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Not RTR
    My last theory: I would imagine Tower employs a good number of people and maybe they all want the car as well. Thus, all our preorders are being given to the employees.
    this also is true with hobby shops

RC Qualifier
    I imagine the Tower Hobbies site will not say 'In Stock' until all back orders are filled and they have a comfortable stock sitting in the warehouse. Some hobby shops actually use Tower Hobbies to supply there selves....so if someone pre orders one thru an LHS...who orders thru Tower....it only backs it up worse. I wouldn't be surprised if Slash 4x4s are rolling into Tower but are simply going right back out the door to fill existing orders from Tower customs and LHS.

Really there are many reasons why they may not have shipped. Your just not going to know until it shows up.

So I guess you guys better practice being patient

RC Enthusiast
    I just called them and they said they received a first shipment already for about 17 and got sent out and they are expecting another shipment sometime early next month of a substantial size.

I am not sure if this info is entirely correct since she said that backorders were processed as far back as Oct. I told her that the Platinum orders would not have happened till beginning of Dec which mine was placed. But at this point I am pretty sure no more PE versions are going to be shipping out of Tower anytime soon.

Either wait and save some $$ or go find it at a LHS. Since I am not in that much of a hurry, I will probably just hang tight.

RC Racer
    I want to support my local hobby shop and do on occasion, but when I bought my last Slash I asked what they had it priced at and they said like $230. I asked if they could do any better and they said no, nothing, nodda. I would have bought it for like $200 to you know....support them. With tax that would have been $220 to support my local shop. I even told them I could get it for $175 shipped from Tower. Still nothing. I guess my take on the whole local LHS is they get my quick needed business and probably my impulse buys over mail order. It's not personnel, it's just business. So here I wait for my PE edition!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsxjt
    I want to support my local hobby shop and do on occasion, but when I bought my last Slash I asked what they had it priced at and they said like $230. I asked if they could do any better and they said no, nothing, nodda. I would have bought it for like $200 to you know....support them. With tax that would have been $220 to support my local shop. I even told them I could get it for $175 shipped from Tower. Still nothing. I guess my take on the whole local LHS is they get my quick needed business and probably my impulse buys over mail order. It's not personnel, it's just business. So here I wait for my PE edition!

I'm in the same boat. I actually bought my Slash from the LHS including my Spectrum 2.0 and a couple of very high quality Lipo's and charger. I was just getting back into the hobby after a 15 year departure. BUT if I could have done it over again and I knew what questions to ask, I would not have bought the 2.0 Spectrum since it is limited to 2 receivers and the Slash 4x4 was being INTRODUCED 7 days later from Traxxas which they knew SOMETHING would be introduced and didn't bother telling me.

Since then I have already sold off my Slash 2x4 on Craig's list and have bought a Summit and Revo 1/16 from Tower and many misc. items from both Tower AND LHS. BUT I do most of my research now and I use their knowledge if I get stumped and it is a crap shoot on the answers but still better than nothing. I decided to buy the SLash 4x4 from Tower and once I found out about the Platinum I canceled and ordered PE. Here I sit waiting and I am OK with it since it is not needed as a gift and I like to save some $$ since the LHS does not budge a penny on their price. That includes any parts or accessories I have bought from them (coming up to $800-900) over the last 3 months or so.

Now if they changed their mentality and actually took care of their loyal customers and offered a little better discounted price off the STANDARD retail that everyone sells at, I would have probably bought ALL my RC gear from them.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by babacksh
    I just called them and they said they received a first shipment already for about 17 and got sent out and they are expecting another shipment sometime early next month of a substantial size.

I am not sure if this info is entirely correct since she said that backorders were processed as far back as Oct. I told her that the Platinum orders would not have happened till beginning of Dec which mine was placed. But at this point I am pretty sure no more PE versions are going to be shipping out of Tower anytime soon.

Either wait and save some $$ or go find it at a LHS. Since I am not in that much of a hurry, I will probably just hang tight.

I cant imagine this is correct, I ordered within minutes of it being put on tower. It had no description, and the price was $565...I cant imagine 17 people in front of me.

RC Qualifier
    I got mine from Tower on Monday, I placed the order on October 25th.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by outkast187
    I cant imagine this is correct, I ordered within minutes of it being put on tower. It had no description, and the price was $565...I cant imagine 17 people in front of me.
    Thats why as I stated, I think the info she gave me was not correct. I am still hoping to get some sort of shipment notification today from their Reno warehouse and if that happens I should see my PE on Monday. But at this point I am not holding my breath.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Westgraphix
    Did you get your Platinum from Tower on Monday??

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Westgraphix

PE or standard 4x4 ? I'm guessing it was the Standard and NOT the Platinum.

RC Qualifier
    striking jealousy into the hearts of all onlookers!
    Tower had about 100 spots of each color when they where taking preorders. I place my preorder when the option was available and got it on 12/21/09.
    I got skills!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH 补共
    Did you get your Platinum from Tower on Monday??
    The regular one, hopefully I will get the Platinum next week.

RC Champion
    Its looking like the big online shops arent getting them till Jan 4. So that will put most of us getting them around Jan 6-7. Tower is always like this, for whatever reason they are always a couple weeks late on new stuff.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by babacksh
    I'm in the same boat. I actually bought my Slash from the LHS including my Spectrum 2.0 and a couple of very high quality Lipo's and charger. I was just getting back into the hobby after a 15 year departure. BUT if I could have done it over again and I knew what questions to ask, I would not have bought the 2.0 Spectrum since it is limited to 2 receivers and the Slash 4x4 was being INTRODUCED 7 days later from Traxxas which they knew SOMETHING would be introduced and didn't bother telling me.

Since then I have already sold off my Slash 2x4 on Craig's list and have bought a Summit and Revo 1/16 from Tower and many misc. items from both Tower AND LHS. BUT I do most of my research now and I use their knowledge if I get stumped and it is a crap shoot on the answers but still better than nothing. I decided to buy the SLash 4x4 from Tower and once I found out about the Platinum I canceled and ordered PE. Here I sit waiting and I am OK with it since it is not needed as a gift and I like to save some $$ since the LHS does not budge a penny on their price. That includes any parts or accessories I have bought from them (coming up to $800-900) over the last 3 months or so.

Now if they changed their mentality and actually took care of their loyal customers and offered a little better discounted price off the STANDARD retail that everyone sells at, I would have probably bought ALL my RC gear from them.
    Mine is the same way, they wouldnt drop $3 off a pair of tires that they will NEVER sell..so they can keep them. And these guys charge $85 for a set of 1/8 buggy tires....sheesh. I would love to support the guys, but I dont feel the need to pay the rent for them on each purchase.

RC Enthusiast
    I just got an Email from Tower, they have cleared payment and its in warehouse being picked and processed. I expect them to ship later today or tomorrow. I had pre-ordered on 12-16-09 (Slash 4X4 #47).

RC Champion
    u ordered december?

i preordered my rtr 47# on the 20th of october and it hasnt been shipped yet.
    rtr slash 4x4
    2s lipo
    some other rc stuff

RC Champion
    My PE:
    Order Now Being Picked and Packed in Warehouse
    Please allow a minimum of two business days for your order to ship (our shipping companies do not accept shipments on Saturday or Sunday)
    Welcome to Traxxas.com Yes, EVERYONE here IS a Pro Racer.... [/sarcasm]

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by waggaclint
    I think tower just has the pre-order set-up so they get a sale there are plenty of other places that have them in stock EG-
    https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c....pl?pn=TRX6808 also i think towers shipping is abit high compared with so other places as well...
    for me tower's shipping is the least since i live an hour away from their champaign distribution center.
    i am the most modest man, thats why im better

RC Racer
    placed an order for a PE less than a week ago from tower and it's being packed and shipped as of today!

RC Competitor

Invoiced - Processing in Warehouse

Enough SAID

RC Racer
    yep us too
    Run it like you borrowed it!

RC Competitor

RC Enthusiast
    Yep, ordered PE on 10th, now processing !!! Seems like they got alot in cause some that ordered on 17th... are getting pulled too !

Thanks Tower !

RC Champion
    mines being picked and packed finally on my rtr even though i preordered on the 20th october, they must of got there big shipment.
    rtr slash 4x4
    2s lipo
    some other rc stuff

RC Qualifier
    Yay me too! My PE is processing! Hopefully I will get it before the end of the year!
    I've set the bar, don't trip over it...

RC Qualifier
    I can rest easy also!

ORDER STATUS
    Champaign, Illinois Distribution Center: MERCHANDISE SHIPPED 29-Dec-2009
    UPS Tracking Number: 1Z6002201369066***
    overnight baby!
    Revo 3.3,slayer,ERBE,
    Slash 4x4 RTR and Platinum

RC Champion
    mines STILL stuck in packing I looked at a PE at the LHS today LOL

RC Champion
    yea< mine too...must be a huge box.

Chances are it already shipped, and not updated yet.

RC Qualifier
    Ship it already!!! Just ship IT!
    It is not a TOY!

RC Enthusiast

Shipped !

I just checked with Tower and got a tracking number ,
    shipping info was received and now just waiting on an ETA. I will have to wait till sometime tomorrow for it. I should get it after the new year.

RC Champion
    Champaign, Illinois Distribution Center: MERCHANDISE SHIPPED 29-Dec-2009
    UPS Tracking Number: 1Z60022

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

RC Qualifier
    ^+1,000,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Been there, broken that.

RC Champion
    now, we get to rip on UPS LOL

RC Qualifier
    Lol.
    I'm a bit worried though, as I may not be home when it gets here.
    Been there, broken that.