RC Champion

wheelie/standing flips?

does anyone know if the slash 4x4 on 3s lipo can do a standing backflip or even a wheelie ?

maybe with higher traction tires then stock?

thx

RC Enthusiast
    i don't see why not, the emaxx brushless and erevo brushless can.

RC Champion
    I made my e-revo flip over with a velineon motor installed.. on 3s lipo no less so it will be more than enough of a motor for this little 4x4.

I love you MAN! Need a hug?

I seriously doubt it will do a standing backflip. It's just not set up right. But wheelies will be little problem with good batteries, and traction.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Champion
    okay, we'll see if people manage to do it when it ships

RC Champion
    +1 with asheck

the e-revo has the whole rear tire exposed, and then the wing as a kickup. the slash's rear wheel hangover is too much to be able to backflip. wheelies for sure tho.

bigger tires, no rear bumper and MT body, you might have a chance at flipping

RC Champion
    Who cares about standing back flips as they only = messed up drive trains.. Those were cool for about 10 minutes a few years ago. Now doing back flips and cool stuff over jumps.. that's another story! If you must do one I'd suspect if you just take the body off due to the over size you would be able to pull off a flip, may need to tightened up the slipper some as well and with a good 3s lipo. Again waste of time to even bother iMO.

Who cares about standing back flips as they only = messed up drive trains.. Those were cool for about 10 minutes a few years ago.
    I don't care what your opinion is. Standing backflips are still cool , and can be done without destroying your drivetrain . Of course I might be a little biased, as I was the first to do it in an E-revo. But your right it has been around for awhile. Our latest trick , that I have yet to capture on video, is 1 E-revo backflipping over another E-revo front flipping off the same ramp. With the front flipping truck leaving the ramp first, and the back flipping truck landing in front of it. Out of about 20 tries we've pulled it twice.
    _
    _

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by asheck
    Of course I might be a little biased, as I was the first to do it in an E-revo.
    I as well as many others did standing flips with our revo conversions "e-revo" long before Traxxas even announced the E-revo... let alone a brushless system for it. The old days with our modded MM's and Neu motors.. some Fiago 7, 8, 9XL's even.

PS The jump trick you were talking about seems a bit more fun though
    Last edited by 8ight-e; 12-03-2009 at 10:49 PM.

RC Champion
    Personally, I can't wait to get rid of the wheelies. It is fun for a while but when it's time to get down to business around the park or speed runs, I hate having to let off all the time to keep the front of my Rustler down to turn. I am going to try the center diff for sure and hope it doesn't just make the front spin. The Slash looks wierd doing wheelies. On 3s I don't think the Slash 4x4 will have any problems with wheelies without the center diff or without backing the slipper way back. I can't wait to find out!

Just looking at towerhobbies, I don't see the center diff in there. I hope they just haven't gotten it on the list yet. I will be sad if they don't get it with the Slash ;(
    Last edited by fisheydude; 12-03-2009 at 11:00 PM.
    ****** out Rustler
    Slash 4x4 gettin' close

I as well as many others did standing flips with our revo conversions "e-revo" long before Traxxas even announced the E-revo... let alone a brushless system for it
    I don't believe you, without a vid. Here's mine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01_k9V5FyE If you say you did one of the coolest tricks out there, and didn't take a vid, yet you have a vid of a vxl wheelying, well , Not without proof you didn't. Not to mention nobody had ever seen one out of a MT the first time I posted it. There was 1 guy at RCM who had a vid of a Truggy doing it, but thats not a E-revo. BTW 8 you should know that it was my Medusa and quark, a month after the original E-revo came out, or perhaps it was while you were Stumblin in the dark, looking for 1 fast revo
    _
    _

RC Qualifier
    What is it that the center diff will do for the truck?
    Slash 4X4 PLATINUM EDITION, Revo 3.3 Crawler

RC Champion
    The center diff is like the diff in a rear of a 2wd truck but it will be from front to back instead of left to right. Not sure the technical way to say it.
    ****** out Rustler
    Slash 4x4 gettin' close

RC Champion
    I know getting rid of wheelies is nice too but i would like to get a wheelie now and then.

standing backflips, i dont see how they are annoying because you have to hammer the throttle to get one (i think...)

RC Champion
    i hope not. i am hoping to race a little with this on with 2s li-pos... gunna be wicked fast man.
    warn: 40% and rising!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Its all speculation, but.... the 4x4 is going to be much more difficult to wheelie than the 2wd. There's more weight forward, and lower.

I've read guys putting a low CoG chasis on the 2wd and not being able to wheelie anymore.

edit:
    @asheck, nice flip dude!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ducati777
    Its all speculation, but.... the 4x4 is going to be much more difficult to wheelie than the 2wd. There's more weight forward, and lower.

I've read guys putting a low CoG chasis on the 2wd and not being able to wheelie anymore.

edit:
    @asheck, nice flip dude!
    i think you read my thread on that a few months ago well i got vxl and 3s and i wheelie on 80% gas now
    E-maxx 3905
    outlaw RPM VXL Slash
    summit

RC Champion
    i think... since it was hard to wheelie on a slash, and the 4x4 is 1 inch lower (and mid-motor), if you really jam the throttle you could get some wheelies.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by asheck
    I don't care what your opinion is. Standing backflips are still cool , and can be done without destroying your drivetrain . Of course I might be a little biased, as I was the first to do it in an E-revo. But your right it has been around for awhile. Our latest trick , that I have yet to capture on video, is 1 E-revo backflipping over another E-revo front flipping off the same ramp. With the front flipping truck leaving the ramp first, and the back flipping truck landing in front of it. Out of about 20 tries we've pulled it twice.
    Wheelies you standing backflips on the stock tires no. I have a reg slash which first got the VXL upgrade did wheelies. Now put the 2650 and MMM ESC and cut down Revo shafts. When I punch it things break, Half throttle wheelies and then blows tires apart. Full throttle I have broken everything from slippers to destroying the custom motor mount but no backflips. Suspension and tires are just not made to do it and that back bumper thing is in the way.
    havnt failed I just found 1000 ways that wont work

RC Champion
    bump...........

anyone who has a slash 4x4 try it?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by brushlessbandit
    bump...........

anyone who has a slash 4x4 try it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcBBPDWoiaQ
    E-maxx 3905
    outlaw RPM VXL Slash
    summit

RC Champion
    ok. looks like it is possible if you press it hard on 3s lipo.

thank you and that answers my original question.

time to watch my thread sink............

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 8ight-e
    I as well as many others did standing flips with our revo conversions "e-revo" long before Traxxas even announced the E-revo... let alone a brushless system for it. The old days with our modded MM's and Neu motors.. some Fiago 7, 8, 9XL's even.

PS The jump trick you were talking about seems a bit more fun though

Ah the days before the RTR Brushless setups. Now every Tom, nOOb and Harry are doing backflips and thinks they going 60mph.
    Last edited by BL-Bob; 12-30-2009 at 10:10 AM.

RC Champion
    x2.....ultra lame.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Convoy

Looks like a typical traxxas ride, i.e. uncontrolable wheelies and poor handling. Great for going in straight lines with little throttle.

Wheelies get old during your first run.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by StampedeCarl
    Looks like a typical traxxas ride, i.e. uncontrolable wheelies and poor handling. Great for going in straight lines with little throttle.

Wheelies get old during your first run.
    Doesnt matter what 10th scale truck you run a VXL on 3S in, it is going to be very hard to control and will not take turns nearly as well as on 2S.

But for some reason, the truck in that video looks very high up in the air.
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

RC Competitor
    anyone ever seen an standing FRONT flip? that would be cool for 1 min and until u break something...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bbecker
    anyone ever seen an standing FRONT flip? that would be cool for 1 min and until u break something...
    I guess you have never drove a mini revo on lipo
    Slash 4x4 VXL
    Mini Revo VXL
    Rustler VXL
    Micro-T

RC Champion
    HARDCORR RACING