RC Enthusiast

replacement drive shafts

Do Revo drive shafts fit the summit? They seem to be a stronger design at the diff end.
    Drive it till it breaks...

RC Qualifier
    im not sure you might have to shorten two shafts B/c the summit has a short shaft on one side and regular length one's on the other but besides that they should mount up
    Last edited by Notin_but_aRevo; 12-02-2009 at 06:27 PM.
    I know you wish you bought a tekin RX8

RC Champion
    The Summit shafts are "supposed" to be the strongest.

Slipper adjustment is key in not breaking stuff!!
    I make tap adapters and power harnesses.

RC Qualifier
    loosen your slipper,

I am brushless and I only have broken one shaft and it was my fault. I tried to bonzai up a hill at a slap dump and I didn't realize my diffs were locked...

a properly adjusted slipper will fix your woes...
    Three Summits

RC Qualifier
    I like to call the shafts between the wheel and diff the "axle" shafts, and the ones in the center (under the skidplate between the diff and tranny) the "drive" shafts so that it's more in tune with what they are called in the real 1:1 world.

Yes, stock Summit axle shafts are the strongest available right now. Loosen your slipper a bit and don't run with the lockers locked at high speeds and you should be able to make them last a pretty good long while.

RC Enthusiast
    Cool. Slipper it is them. How many turns back from all the way in would be a good place to start?

I shortened a spare emaxx one I had lying around and it fits great. But I also ordered new summit ones. Thanks for the advice.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Manic
    Cool. Slipper it is them. How many turns back from all the way in would be a good place to start?

I shortened a spare emaxx one I had lying around and it fits great. But I also ordered new summit ones. Thanks for the advice.
    a good starting pint is to loosen the slipper till you can no longer do wheelies.then start to tighten the slipper in small increments till you can just barely wheelie from a stand still ...
    I know you wish you bought a tekin RX8

RC Enthusiast
    I should have said i am running brushless. Nothing crazy, Navak HV 6.5. A good mix of speed and drivability.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Notin_but_aRevo
    a good starting pint is to loosen the slipper till you can no longer do wheelies.then start to tighten the slipper in small increments till you can just barely wheelie from a stand still ...
    Yes, this is how I adjust mine also. Go in real small increments while tightening it back up, like 1/32nd of a turn at a time. You don't want to go too far.