RC poster

Promatch?Whats the deal

I really need some help i have tried to contact promacth with no luck im not sure if they dont have a phone or what.I cannot find a number on there site just email which they have not responded to.
    I have bought a Summit and a stampede vxl for x-mas presents for my son a while back.With x-mas getting closer i want to find out if i should order his battery packs or wait till closer.I was not sure if the packs would be ok sitting till then or not.
    Im going to order him
    1 set of 7cell 4600
    1 set of 7cell 5000
    1 8 cell 5000
    When should i order and should i use someone else for my battery needs?

RC Qualifier
    they have some of the best nimh's available..and at a great price

go a head and buy them now ...they should come at storage voltage (half charge) so no worries there ....if you choose to run them just charge them to half capacity for storage when your done running
    I know you wish you bought a tekin RX8

RC poster
    thanks
    i wanted to be sure they would be ok till he opens everything on x-mas.i did not want to spend all that money and the packs be no good

RC Qualifier
    hold on there gtconversion you said you were buying those things for your son I thought santa clause would bring them to him santa is real !!!!!!?????

hahahahah

RC poster
    You know i wish he was bringing them,my son is 9 years old and every year he kills me at x-mas.in 2007 he got a 4 wheeler in 2008 it was x box and a ton of games,now its rc trucks this year.Santa if your reading this how about helping me out!I guess im on my own here.Oh well atleast it 2 trucks so i can play with one my self!

RC Competitor
    I feel your pain with trying to contact them, I ordered two 7 cell 4600 it took forever even with me paying extra for shipping. I tried e-mailing them several times with no response, finally they came and they answered my e-mail...

RC Competitor
    and don't forget to make sure you order the ones with the traxxas plugs, i ordered mine and went by the picture they supplied ( pics had plugs on ) and they arrived with no plugs..when i e-mailed them about it they acted like it was my fault and didn't offer any assistance

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonG
    and don't forget to make sure you order the ones with the traxxas plugs, i ordered mine and went by the picture they supplied ( pics had plugs on ) and they arrived with no plugs..when i e-mailed them about it they acted like it was my fault and didn't offer any assistance
    because you have to select the traxxas plug as an option ..you pay like 2 bucks or something extra for it i believe ...so it was your fault don't blame them

RC poster
    Thats great! so it sounds like the batterys are good and customer service sucks?

RC Champion
    http://www.fastrcbatteries.com/ FWIW This guy is local to me and has a very good reputation in our area with the racers. I would not hesitate buying NiMH packs from him.

Bob
    I make tap adapters and power harnesses.

RC poster
    Thanks im going to look into him also,I did get a email back from promatch today.They claim they do not recommend me using my charger i just bought.Its a mrc 977 i bought it so my son can charge both bats at the same time.Whats wrong with this charger?I was under the impression it was a decent charger

RC Champion
    Onyx 240 is a great charger choice for dual NiMH packs with simple setups. It only does NiMH packs so your son could not accidently change to a different battery chemistry charging regime.
    I make tap adapters and power harnesses.

RC Competitor
    I have been using a MRC 960 charger and from what I've read it is not recomended because when charge is complete it goes into trickle charge. So I just unplug it when charge is done and dont let it trickle charge. I too am a newbie and didnt know what too buy, this was what hobby store sold me. have been using it for 6 months now with no problems

RC poster
    yea im going to try the 977 since i already bought the thing.I really dont see why it is not recommend unless you do not know how to set one up.It seems really simple to me

Quote Originally Posted by GTCONVERSION
    yea im going to try the 977 since i already bought the thing.I really dont see why it is not recommend unless you do not know how to set one up.It seems really simple to me
    For what it's worth.I'm using matched 5000's with cheap chargers dynamite prophet sport.So far no problems but i don't leave them on.When they peak i unplug them they seem good so far so you should be ok.I also have some sweet 3000 venoms. ha ha ha that's what i got before i new better.I'll upgrade when i go lipo
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann
    For what it's worth.I'm using matched 5000's with cheap chargers dynamite prophet sport.So far no problems but i don't leave them on.When they peak i unplug them they seem good so far so you should be ok.I also have some sweet 3000 venoms. ha ha ha that's what i got before i new better.I'll upgrade when i go lipo
    i hear lots i mean lots of comments about how venoms suck is this the truth or are the decent ...its all my hobby shop sells and he almost convinced me to buy some one day ..but i remembered all the bad things i hear about them..just curios B/c they a decently expensive..compared to what i paid for my promatch lipo's

Quote Originally Posted by Notin_but_aRevo
    i hear lots i mean lots of comments about how venoms suck is this the truth or are the decent ...its all my hobby shop sells and he almost convinced me to buy some one day ..but i remembered all the bad things i hear about them..just curios B/c they a decently expensive..compared to what i paid for my promatch lipo's
    Well i guess to say there junk is a little harsh. i'm in canada so i paid about the same for the venom 3000 here as i did on the promatch matched 5000 +traxxas plug+_shipping. my buddy had some venom 4200 that were ok at first then declining run times. as soon as i put the pro match in way different truck. the venoms don't seem to supply power as well as higher quality cell's.the promatches seem to supply more power till they die.just my thoughts .I should add that i mainly do slow speed climbing'crawling and making my own trail.You know follow me if you can kinda stuff.i can't see high speed being any better but some batt's are better than no batt's.The hobby shop's sell them because they are low cost and are ok for someone who's new to the hobby. if they get into the hobby bigtime the sky's the limit from what i've seen like lipo's that are like $600 with a charger and that's just for starters. just my opinion others may disagree
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC poster
    Well i placed my order here is what im getting

Product ID: 5000-7M
    Product Name: 5000 7 Cell Matched
    Quantity: 1
    Unit Price: $49.50
    > > > Assembly 7 Cell : F
    > > > Connector : Traxxas Plug (+$1.99)
    > > > End bars : Do not install end bars
    --------------------------
    Product ID: 7465
    Product Name: 7 cell unmatched assembled 4600 2 pack set.
    Unit Price: $76.50
    > > > Connector 2 : Traxxas Plug (+$3.98)
    Product ID: 8475
    Product Name: 7 cell matched assembled 5000 2 pack set.
    Unit Price: $94.59
    > > > Connector 2 : Traxxas Plug (+$3.98)
    Order Total : $230.54
    Shipping : $0.00
    Grand Total : $230.54