RC Champion

2 Speed clicking in low gear?

Ok guys i'm asking this over here cause ya'll all have 2 speeds and not many of us E-revo owners have them.

I recently put a 2 speed in my erevo (it wants to be a summit) My question is this... the tranny seems to click in low gear, any of ya'll experience that? the little servo moves fine but it takes the shaft a second to let go and move for it to actually shift. but if i try to move the shaft manually it won't move any further so i'm pretty sure it's getting the full motion it's supposed to.

Just curious if ya'll have experienced this. I'm going to take it apart and check it as soon as i have time...
    RC Addict #341777

i had a clicking but in my case it was broken pad in the slipper clutch the thread for sticky shift pin on here will solve the slow shift it cost me a servo before i got to it simple fix no problem after that did you change the whole trans or retro fit someone on here will know what it is there's some smart people on here
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Champion
    Thanks Jamann, is this the one you mean?
    RC Addict #341777

Quote Originally Posted by tonkajeep34
    Thanks Jamann, is this the one you mean?
    yes that is it you don't have to pull trans apart to do it but not a bad idea to have a look in there while its out check all the bearings my buddy had one go hidden one cooked his titan 775 he upgraded to kershaw 700 ho ran real hot thats when we discovered seized bearing that could be a source of clicking the trans is simpler than i thought i was a little scared to take it apart at first but now after muddy wet runs or underwater i diassemble trans clean dry and relube it just to prevent rust and needless wear keep us posted
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Enthusiast
    jamann could you please use punctuation? I am going crazy trying to read your stuff - I wouldn't bother if I weren't interested in what you say...

RC Champion
    do you have the titan 775 in your revo? the reason i ask is this, sometimes the 775 will start to make a clicking sound if the bushings get dry? the sound is more noticeable in low gear(in my experience). usually a good cleaning and lubing takes care of it though, Just a thought.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

RC Champion
    Yes i have the 775 in it. i'll give that a whirl too. got the tranny apart right now and taking a look. the spring/screw setup for the ball is all molded into the tranny case. so not sure about the mod. seems pretty smooth. maybe it is the titan.
    RC Addict #341777

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J
    jamann could you please use punctuation? I am going crazy trying to read your stuff - I wouldn't bother if I weren't interested in what you say...
    Sorry a bad habit that i will try to fix
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Champion
    Well got it apart and back together last night. I know the directions said not to grease it but i put a little gorilla snawt in there and the whole tranny seems much smoother now. I ran it for a few minutes this morning in our anual snow storm and it seemed pretty good, couldn't really hear any clicking. I"m going to lube the titan and see if that doesn't help.
    RC Addict #341777