Thread: rock crushers

rock crushers

Has anyone tried the rc4wd 40 series rock crushers they look good wondering about crawling ability or are the mudslingers the way to go
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    My mudslingers aren't very good on the rocks. The stock canyons are much better. I've never tried the rock crushers.

Quote Originally Posted by chet jamio
    My mudslingers aren't very good on the rocks. The stock canyons are much better. I've never tried the rock crushers.
    hi there thanks for the reveiw the slingers sure look cool i agree the canyons are perfect for climbing and crawling trying to find a happy medium the canyons don't like the speed to much i mostly do slow tricky climbing but i like to bash once in a while when i get the beadlocks gonna see if the canyons will go on if so get a second set of rims for crawling and climbing i guess i'll try the crushers there big 8.2 maybe help maybe hinder little narrower so maybe turn a little easier don't know how stiff they are trim the foam maybe
    Last edited by jamann; 11-30-2009 at 01:03 PM.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Enthusiast
    Let us know how those Rock Crusher go.

As for the Mud Slinger I like them very much.

I have them on Axial beadlock and they're doing great. I had to trim the foam to get them to work good though.

I'm just back from a nice snow ride where I snap my rear drive shaft.

I guess that goes with the Tekin power

Quote Originally Posted by pinpinz
    Let us know how those Rock Crusher go.

As for the Mud Slinger I like them very much.

I have them on Axial beadlock and they're doing great. I had to trim the foam to get them to work good though.

I'm just back from a nice snow ride where I snap my rear drive shaft.

I guess that goes with the Tekin power
    cool i'm waitin{hoping} for snow myself it'll be a bit before i can get the crushers xmas $$$ tight i will for sure post on the crushers and the canyons if they will or will not go on the beadlocks and stay on mine's stock so i should't twist anything off oh i just jinxed my self oh well if it breaks time to upgrade pretty happy with how tuff this truck is

Edited for Language
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-10-2010 at 03:11 PM.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    I have a set of the RC4WD tires, ran them for the first time this weekend while on a Dirt Bike trip, they got a TON of attention, of course the are HUGE, but as far as how they ran it was not what I expected, they did alright on the slick rock, sand was not all that great, did og in a few mud holes i could find..But was shocked to see that the had very little roll, a lot less then stock.. I am running them on my summit, geared 12/86 I believe..
    Hope that helps..

Jon
    Slash x4 x2
    16 Slash Rally Summit
    Summit
    MMM 5t

Quote Originally Posted by Gj basher
    I have a set of the RC4WD tires, ran them for the first time this weekend while on a Dirt Bike trip, they got a TON of attention, of course the are HUGE, but as far as how they ran it was not what I expected, they did alright on the slick rock, sand was not all that great, did og in a few mud holes i could find..But was shocked to see that the had very little roll, a lot less then stock.. I am running them on my summit, geared 12/86 I believe..
    Hope that helps..

Jon
    when you say roll you mean like sidewall flex i love the canyons there just not very durable at speed i'm thinken canyons on beadlocks but the crushers and mudslingers just look so cool and maybe a little tougher i might try trimin the foam on the crushers to try and get a bit more flex mine is 14p 68s stock i think i'd like to try smaller pinion for more torque speeds not what i do with this truck but sometimes i go a little nut's
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried