RC Champion

Will These Batteries Work?

http://*********.com/*********/store...idProduct=9177 do these fit the trays? The only problem I see is they are 33mm tall but the battery tray is only 30mm, right? I'm getting a Summit and want to know what batteries to go with and with these I could run two in parallel and get 10,000mah for close to an hour of runtime so any input is welcomed. I searched but couldn't really find much help.
    Slash VXL
    Summit VXL
    they have to share for now

RC Enthusiast
    I had the same question, thus the battery tray thread on this same page. As far as I can tell they are 3mm too thick, otherwise they are fine.

RC Racer
    I've heard these will fit
    http://*********.com/*********/store...idproduct=7653
    oops it's just 2S sorry

RC Qualifier
    I think that the biggest ones that fit it are 3000 mah, so those would be too big. and yes you are correct it is only 30mm
    Are you an RC addict?

RC Champion
    You can not run 2 4S packs in parallel on a stock Summit EVX-2. The EVX-2 requires two 2S packs and puts them in series internally. One 2S pack runs the BEC and the other combines with it for 4S motor power.
    I make tap adapters and power harnesses.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmaxx64
    I think that the biggest ones that fit it are 3000 mah, so those would be too big. and yes you are correct it is only 30mm
    the biggest 4s batteries. just clarifing
    Are you an RC addict?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughes500Bob
    You can not run 2 4S packs in parallel on a stock Summit EVX-2. The EVX-2 requires two 2S packs and puts them in series internally. One 2S pack runs the BEC and the other combines with it for 4S motor power.
    running 4S in parallel would require some cutting and soldering... even with this ESC, it can be done.

RC Champion
    Thanks hughs, didn't know that. Yes jess. Probably true but I'll just stick to the 2s I already have then. Thanks guys
    Slash VXL
    Summit VXL
    they have to share for now

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J
    running 4S in parallel would require some cutting and soldering... even with this ESC, it can be done.
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=477614

Post #19 shows how we came up with a "proposed solution" to how this "could" be accomplished.

The BEC side of an EVX-2 MUST be supplied with 2S voltage for servo and rx power. The EVX-2 is unique in how it INTERNALLY combines 2 - 2S packs. Once both your 2S packs are plugged into a stock EVX-2 they become a 2S feed to the BEC and a 4S feed to the motor circuit .... they become something very different electrically and should not be considered two 2S packs. The BEC will have a common ground, 2S voltage, and 4S voltage. The BEC side pack will have Ground on ground, 2S voltage on power. The non-BEC side pack will have 2S voltage on ground (by way of the internal series connection) and 4S voltage on power.

Bob
    I make tap adapters and power harnesses.

RC Enthusiast
    Wow, much more complicated than I though. Thanks for clarifying and emphasizing how it is not that simple. Sounds like the path of least resistance is to go 2S2P on each side and not modify the ESC.