Thread: Bummer issues

RC Enthusiast

Bummer issues

Has anyone come up with a mod to increase bumper strength? I am on my second rear and third front. The "hoop" that mount the bumper is the issue. Are e-revo ones the same or a slightly smaller hoop?
    Drive it till it breaks...

RC Racer
    E-revo mounts are a bit smaller. If you change over, the body won't fit on.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dig_Dug

RC Qualifier
    I broke mine,I put 3 layers of heat shrink over the break,heat shrinking them individually onto it,then I filled the layers with CA glue,hasn't broken since!

RC Enthusiast
    I might try fixing them. Not too sure about adding alloy to a high imact area. Cheers.

RC Qualifier
    yeah aluminum on the front of truck...i can see the broken bulkhead now
    what was that? what was what..oh that. thats mine.

Quote Originally Posted by zrau17
    yeah aluminum on the front of truck...i can see the broken bulkhead now
    ya and there fairly cheap and easy to deal with the shrink tube idea sounds interesting i'd do that maybe alum skid plate but that's as far as i'd go the trucks heavy enough now to break stuff don't need more mass.
    Last edited by jamann; 11-26-2009 at 12:30 AM.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    I broke my front bumper mount the very 1st time I ran the car. Replaced both with those aluminum ones, 7 months later... Still running the stock (original) bulkheads (this while running brushless too).

I don't think your bulkheads will be your only worry if you crash into an immovable object (signpost, etc.) at top speed... That puny weak stock mount is just going to collapse anyway.

RC Qualifier
    try boiling the next one in some water ..the boiling will make the plastic softer and will just bend instead of break..its worth a try

Quote Originally Posted by sfr4x4
    I broke my front bumper mount the very 1st time I ran the car. Replaced both with those aluminum ones, 7 months later... Still running the stock (original) bulkheads (this while running brushless too).

I don't think your bulkheads will be your only worry if you crash into an immovable object (signpost, etc.) at top speed... That puny weak stock mount is just going to collapse anyway.
    I guess thats true. for me i don't do much high speed driving mostly rock stuff so the aluminium would be fine for me might even help on the front little more weight takin a few 20 to 30 foot tumbles down some steep rocks haven't broke much front and rear mounts once each this truck is suprisingly tuff the hubs on mine suck they seem real sloppy any upgrade for those that you know of
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann
    I guess thats true. for me i don't do much high speed driving mostly rock stuff so the aluminium would be fine for me might even help on the front little more weight takin a few 20 to 30 foot tumbles down some steep rocks haven't broke much front and rear mounts once each this truck is suprisingly tuff the hubs on mine suck they seem real sloppy any upgrade for those that you know of
    Put a piece of shrink tubing on the threaded ends of the axle stubs, then shove the hub back on over the tubing. This will get rid of the slop (you might need to experiment a bit with the tubing size to get just the right amount of force-fit on it. IIRC I used the 6mm ********* stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by sfr4x4
    Put a piece of shrink tubing on the threaded ends of the axle stubs, then shove the hub back on over the tubing. This will get rid of the slop (you might need to experiment a bit with the tubing size to get just the right amount of force-fit on it. IIRC I used the 6mm ********* stuff)
    thanks i'll try that never thought of that seems like a simple fix and still allow a little give
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Enthusiast
    I ended up drilling two hole (one on each side of the break) and used two cable ties the hold it together. I just placed some CA glue on the break to hold it in place nicely. Seems to hold up well.

RC Enthusiast
    my rear and front bumper were broken since the begining of time.
    the funny thing is, those broken bumpers actually work quite well absorbing impact, nothing breaks from there. just keep using it as long as its hanging there