Cool Summit Batteries

HI Guys,what are the best batteries for my summit.my duratrax dtx 8.4 5000mah nimh batteries don,t last that long on a run maybe 15-20 minutes.i have the duratrax intelapeak twin charger.it takes about one hour to charge them.are there any other batteries that last longer on run time and more power.do the new batteries that come with the new summits any better,there a traxxas 7 cell 8.4 volt. please anyone have better batteries cause nitro is starting to sound better all the time with the cost of batteries now and they don,t last long. marcel

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelt
    HI Guys,what are the best batteries for my summit.my duratrax dtx 8.4 5000mah nimh batteries don,t last that long on a run maybe 15-20 minutes.i have the duratrax intelapeak twin charger.it takes about one hour to charge them.are there any other batteries that last longer on run time and more power.do the new batteries that come with the new summits any better,there a traxxas 7 cell 8.4 volt. please anyone have better batteries cause nitro is starting to sound better all the time with the cost of batteries now and they don,t last long. marcel
    I use pro-match 7.2v 4600's in my Emaxx and get about 20 min run time. There would more than likely be a power difference between the pro-match and dtx batteries. Run time would probably be the same. Pro-Match also offers 8.4 5000mah nimhs though. With out going lipo, I don't see you getting much more run time, gearing down would help the run time but wouldn't make a huge difference. http://www.promatchracing.com/

RC Qualifier
    I use a pair of the 7.4V 9000mAh 2 Cell 28C Sport-Max LiPo Battery Pack
    w/ Deans Connectors and get close to 60 minutes of run time on my "Super Summit"

Got them here http://thebarnfloor.com/catalog/prod...756c0f06637367
    Last edited by Nasty350LT1; 11-25-2009 at 12:51 AM.
    Traxxas T-Maxx ABMOD 33
    Traxxas Dual 700HO Summit

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty350LT1
    I use a pair of the 7.4V 9000mAh 2 Cell 28C Sport-Max LiPo Battery Pack
    w/ Deans Connectors and get close to 60 minutes of run time on my "Super Summit"

Got them here http://thebarnfloor.com/catalog/prod...756c0f06637367
    are you stock or brushless? What c rating can you charge these mega batteries at?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J
    are you stock or brushless? What c rating can you charge these mega batteries at?
    he's running the kershaws 700ho dual brushed motor setup and those batteries can only be charged at 1c

RC Enthusiast
    thanks for the reply,

so that means charge times of almost 2 hrs if you have a 5Amp charger... but just an hour if you have a 10 amp charger... something to keep in mind.

RC Qualifier
    I have a 20 AMP charger, so charge time is miminal.
    Traxxas T-Maxx ABMOD 33
    Traxxas Dual 700HO Summit

RC Qualifier
    http://fastrcbatteries.com/

The owner is "John the battery guy"

he has the Tenergy cells he custom makes his packs with. I use 5000Mah Nimh in my kids' Summits,

45 to an hour in low gear, easy.

HIS SERVICE IS UNBELIEVABLE!!!

I had a Tenergy pack from another vendor that had a bad cell, I sent it to him and he fixed it, balanced it and charged it for free since I bought 4 packs from him this week. I cant say he will do that for every body, but WOW!!!

i will always buy my kids' NIMHs from him from now on. Tell him Jim from Pa sent ya! I had a long BS session with him on the phone, nice guy!

I like to support the local guy, I also use the SMC lipos from up here in PA too... great packs...good deals are not always found on EBAY!!

Jim
    Three Summits