RC Qualifier

Is it just me or?

Hi,I've spent $100+ On the revolver 970 conversion.It caused my battery to burst,so I bought some batteries from kershaws,It thermalled the esc,so I contacted kershaws and was told I could use a single motor with a 17 tooth pinion,which I ordered,it was too small to reach the spur gear,so I cut the motor mount so it would reach.Tried it today,It stripped the spur gear(I did the paper spacer ).Is it just me? I,m trully fed up with wasting money on stuff that doesn't work!! I'd rather give it away than be sold stuff that isn't any use!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Veering away from stock setup is always an adventure, at least it has been for me. Sorry your having a hard time, that's a pretty impressive list of failures. Just remember, your darkest hour is only 60 minutes...
    If you can't be with the one you love, love the one your with!!!

RC Qualifier
    I say talk to kershaw and tell them about this.
    i am the most modest man, thats why im better

RC Qualifier
    your = you're
    If you can't be with the one you love, love the one your with!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NOFX
    I,m trully fed up with wasting money on stuff that doesn't work!! I'd rather give it away than be sold stuff that isn't any use!!!!!
    If you really want to give it away, I'd be happy to take the source of frustration off your hands...

For a more useful idea - Are you sure you cut the motor mount far enough? If you only got the pinion in so that the gears barely meshed, that would account for the stripped spur. You may need to get the motor even closer... The paper should have a well defined "toothy" groove when done setting the mesh.
    Two Rusty VXLs, M2Ks 18/83 - Tag! You're it!

RC Champion
    try losing your slipper a bit that should help your spur
    if your not breaking anything get more air

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NOFX
    I,m trully fed up with wasting money on stuff that doesn't work!! I'd rather give it away than be sold stuff that isn't any use!!!!!
    then stop wasting money on a brushed motor setup that will only last so long ......and get a tekin rx8 2250kv combo and be done with it.. problem solved

RC Champion
    I for one feel for ya man, knowing that kershaw discontinued sales of that motor setup says to me they should be offering at least a store credit for ppl that had troubles and are stuck with something that doesn't work. maybe they should have done some further testing before offering a kit like that for sale. heck even the dude on the video says he wouldn't recommend the dual 970 kit. good luck.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

RC Champion
    maybe talk to kershaw designs and mybe he will let you send them in and replace them with the 700HO's or one
    if your not breaking anything get more air

RC Qualifier

kershaws 970

Hi guys,I've done everything possible to the kershaws 970,I've got the "correct" pinion for doing a single motor conversion.I've cut the motor mount so it fits,extended the "spacers" on the mount by 1/8th inch so the pinion fits ,I took it out today and it CAUGHT FIRE!!! I've discovered the 970 is discontinued,because its rubbish,I haven't got 100 plus to throw away.I'm hoping kershaws admit its crap and give me either a revolver 700 or my cash back.

RC Racer
    Kershaw SHOULD help you out. They have discontinued the 970's(guess why) so they could swap those for a 700 kit IMHO
    Good luck with your truck hope it will run happy soon.