RC Qualifier

Kershaw 970 single motor?

I think I've done it. I've been moaning about the 970 revolver,I got the "right "pinion from kershaws (17 teeth).It was too small to reach the spur gear.So being a summit owner I got the dremnel out and cut the mount until it allowed the pinion to reach.The pinion is too long to contact the spur properly but I'm putting some spacers in.I just hope my information is right,I'm fed up with taking the gearbox in and out.Let you know if it works

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NOFX
    I think I've done it. I've been moaning about the 970 revolver,I got the "right "pinion from kershaws (17 teeth).It was too small to reach the spur gear.So being a summit owner I got the dremnel out and cut the mount until it allowed the pinion to reach.The pinion is too long to contact the spur properly but I'm putting some spacers in.I just hope my information is right,I'm fed up with taking the gearbox in and out.Let you know if it works
    did you test it yet? how is it?
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

RC Qualifier

970 single motor.

Quote Originally Posted by quadiak
    In a word NO!. I fitted it and it ate the spur gear,I did the paper spacer thing as well.I don't think the pitch was right .THANKS A LOT Kershaws.

RC Qualifier

970 single motor

Quote Originally Posted by quadiak
    Hi,After recutting the spur(just a rough job ,I'm going to see if robinson racing do a spur 4 the summit)I pushed the spur hard onto pinion and IT WORKS I've got spare bearings so should be ok for a bit ,You've gotta keep trying stuff

RC Champion
    So, there was nothing wrong with the pinion that you got from kershaws? What exactly was the issue? Was the spur just mis-aligned?
    Two Rusty VXLs, M2Ks 18/83 - Tag! You're it!

RC Qualifier

970 single motor?

Quote Originally Posted by jolynsbass
    So, there was nothing wrong with the pinion that you got from kershaws? What exactly was the issue? Was the spur just mis-aligned?
    Hi,The problem I had with the pinion was,It is too long to align with the spur gear,I added 1/8th of an inch to the spacers between the 2 plates,It is also too small to reach the spur gear.I had to remove 1/4 of an inch from the motor mount.I thought it was an easy fit,not a put gearbox in take it out put it in take it out,put it in take it out,get my drift?