RC Enthusiast

Tower Hobbies Question

I have never ordered a Truck from Tower. I tried to order a Slash for my son for Christmas and they didn't give me a color choice as he wanted the Rick Huseman one,so I bought it from Mark Twain Hobbies on Ebay. Now I want to order a Slash 4x4 for myself. Is there any way to pick the color of the truck as I don't want the same truck as my son and my friend has a Blue stock color Slayer, so I want a different color. Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Tower Hobbies
    COMMENTS: The Traxxas Slash VXL is available in the following paint schemes;
    TRAD11LR Black/Red, Mike Jenkins edition
    TRAD11RL Red/Black, Mark Jenkins edition (color scheme is exactly
    the same as the Black/Red Mike Jenkins edition with a different
    number on the body)
    TRAD11SL Silver/Black, Mike Oberg edition
    TRAD11YB Yellow/Blue, Jerry Whelchel edition
    Different numbers = different bodies.
    Been there, broken that.

RC Qualifier
    actually i saw on towers website today that they cannot give color choices out to any specific order. i picked out the same one though so i guess we will see
    Revo 3.3,slayer,ERBE,
    Slash 4x4 RTR and Platinum

RC Qualifier
    Odd, I just found the same thing. Yet the different colors have different stock numbers...
    Been there, broken that.

RC Champion
    How bout painting up a body yourself? It is fun and you can make it how you want. Bodies are like $30 and a can of paint may-be $5. That is always an option anyway.
    ****** out Rustler
    Slash 4x4 gettin' close

RC Qualifier
    I think with the initial rush Tower will not know how many of which edition they will get in. After things settle down you will be able to pick your body but my guess that might be too late for Christmas. When I ordered mine a few weeks ago I was able to choose which edition to get but chose not to. I just checked the box that said whatever is available. Better to get one that is available than to wait for specific body at least for me Good luck