RC poster

Best setup to share

Hello, I am brand new to the rc world and am looking for a setup that both my son (8 years old) and myself can enjoy. I was originally looking at the 2wd Slash, but decided I wanted a 4x4. The upcoming Slash seems perfect, but I had a couple questions.
    1. I was thinking of the ******* 5000mAh 2S1P 20C hardcase as the battery. Because my son is new is it ok to run Lipos with the Truck on Training mode?
    2. is there a better battery choice for beginners?
    I was hoping to avoid multiple types of batteries for my son and myself if possible. The training mode seems like it is a great option for us to switch back and forth and like the lipos for power longer runtimes.
    I love the single battery setup and brushless motor on the new Slash instead of going e-maxx, but want to make sure I am not getting too much for an 8 year old to handle. I appreciate your feedback.

RC Qualifier
    yes a 2s lipo is good be sure only you charge it. also on training it will go about 18 mph good learning speed

RC Champion
    if you go training mode with insanely low gearing, it will be a good learning, forgiving vehicle.

(for your son. you might go crazy, knowing the 60+mph capabilities )
    Last edited by Super Dude; 11-02-2009 at 10:48 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I have a 12 year old and we love the 2wd Slashes - If i were you i would get a 2wd for your son and 4x4 slash for you, - 2s Lipos will give you more than enough play time. Get some 8000 mah Lipo about 20C and you will be fine.
    EREVOs, Slashes, 1/16 Slash, EMAXX, VXL Villain

RC poster
    I know I will probably and a 2nd one since I will not want to wait, but since I am going to start with 1 I will probably go with the 4x4. I was curious how long the 8000 mah ran compared to the 5000? I am hoping to get between 35-45 min.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by claws
    I know I will probably and a 2nd one since I will not want to wait, but since I am going to start with 1 I will probably go with the 4x4. I was curious how long the 8000 mah ran compared to the 5000? I am hoping to get between 35-45 min.
    In My Opinion, you would probably be better off getting 2 5000mah packs rather than going with a single 8000mah pack. It will cost about the same and net you even more runtime.
    Savage-Modified!, E-Revo VXL, Slash 2wd, Mini-T

RC Qualifier
    I'm getting about 35 - 45 min run time on my 25C 5000 MAH Lipo...

Integy makes it... Most fown on them but it came with the truck when I bought it and so far it's done well in my book.

RC poster
    that sounds perfect. the LHS suggested the HYPERION EOS0606I for the charger. It seems like a pretty nice one for what I need. I didn't know if there similar quality ones for less.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by claws
    a 5000 mah lipo should get you around there. actually you might want a little higher but if you get 2 you wont have a problem (over 1 hour runtime )

RC Qualifier
    The Hyperion Dou Charger is great and really any 5000-8000 mah Lipo battery will give you 30-45 minutes or more depending on your driving style. you may actually get bored or break something before the batteries run out.
    EREVOs, Slashes, 1/16 Slash, EMAXX, VXL Villain