RC Champion

High mAh = high $$$ Is it worth it ???

Looking at getting a couple SPC packs, probably a 2S and a 3S (for breaking stuff) for my new Slash 4x4. I will be leaving it all stock for the most part. So my questions are:

I know they will last longer, but would it be just as economical to own 2 5000mAh packs as one pricey 9000 pack ?

What would the Runtime difference be ?

thanks to all of you electric experts who are helping me convert from Nitro
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

RC Competitor
    a rule of thumb, in theory if you double the mAh you get 50% more runtime. in reality you never get this 50% but you get close enough ... I always go with two batteries or more ... one in use ,one charging , one in stanby ...

RC Champion
    thanks,\\

I plan on having a few batteries. I would like to be able to go out for 2 or 3 hours and have the power to do it.

I have ordered 3 2S ******* 5000mAh packs to get me started, but I know its like everything else in this world.. pay dirt, get dirt. I'm hoping the *******s will be OK, but I am looking into other more high quality options.

does anyone out there have a rough idea how long the 2S ******* 5000mAh will last in the the 4x4 slash bashing around the back yard ?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    around 30-40 mins or so.
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by madkawi650
    thanks,\\

I plan on having a few batteries. I would like to be able to go out for 2 or 3 hours and have the power to do it.

I have ordered 3 2S ******* 5000mAh packs to get me started, but I know its like everything else in this world.. pay dirt, get dirt. I'm hoping the *******s will be OK, but I am looking into other more high quality options.

does anyone out there have a rough idea how long the 2S ******* 5000mAh will last in the the 4x4 slash bashing around the back yard ?

no one really knows being this is a 4xVXL slash that no one has..
    and those ******* packs should work awesome for you!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by filmmaker
    no one really knows being this is a 4xVXL slash that no one has..
    Anyone have any guesses what kind of run time the 3000mah will get in this truck. Want to buy some 7 cell nimh's for practice and heat races. want to get 7 to 10 minutes but dont want to spend a fortune on practice and heat packs.

RC Champion
    a 3000 nimh and brushless is a bad combo. get some cheap lipos instead

RC Champion
    You guys are great, thanks for the info. I'm sure I will have more questions as time goes on... the big one now is... How is everyone dealing with the wait... Im chewing the finger nails down to the bone, come on Traxxas. lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by top_fuel_jato
    Anyone have any guesses what kind of run time the 3000mah will get in this truck. Want to buy some 7 cell nimh's for practice and heat races. want to get 7 to 10 minutes but dont want to spend a fortune on practice and heat packs.
    do you all ready have the 3000 packs?
    If it were me I would get some ******* lipos for about 30-35 bucks a pack
    they are great packs I now have 6 2s packs and 2 3s packs!
    I do need a second charger now though

RC Champion
    In my 2wd Slash, I get a good hour of decent runtime from my 2s 8000 mah SPC Lipo.
    2 Stock Slashes
    2 Mod Slash VXLs
    Emaxx
    P4DE

RC Racer
    I have 3S Rhinos 4900 mAh i around 30-40 minutes mixed driving is what I get out of it.
    Powerhouse Sweden
    Villain IV with Octura 447

RC Racer
    I would say go with the 2 5000mah packs as opposed to the 9000mah pack. For one thing they will be lighter, and you will get more runtime out of the two as opposed to one of the high mah packs. Not to mention you could probably buy 3 of the 5000mah packs for what you will spend on one 9000mah pack.
    Savage-Modified!, E-Revo VXL, Slash 2wd, Mini-T

RC Champion
    As far as being able to run all day long, you don't have to let lipos cool after running you can take them out of hte truck and charge them right away, unlike NiMh. Unless your LiPo gets over 125*
    RustyVXL, HPI RS4 Rally, RC18MT
    Mobius1 crashed!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by madkawi650
    thanks,\\

The 2s seems ok except one puffed and I never even got to solder the traxxas connectors on it to use the sam thing. The 3s A nightmare I have 4 packs on the bench waiting to be resoldered. But they might work ok in a slash the MMM has alot higher amp draw
    havnt failed I just found 1000 ways that wont work